The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on, let's be honest. Is there a single shred of evidence of any sort that makes you think Hughton will fail in the Premiership other than the fact that he's Chris Hughton?

His performance in the premiership last season.

Are a few matches lost as caretaker in an untenable situation with demoralized players sufficient to deem him unsuitable for Premiership management for all eternity?

No. It's a decent bit of evidence he probably isn't good enough though, I was answering your post. The situation wasn't ideal but he was much worse than Kinnear.

Come on, let's be honest. Is there a single shred of evidence of any sort that makes you think Hughton will fail in the Premiership other than the fact that he's Chris Hughton?

Are a few matches lost as caretaker in an untenable situation with demoralized players sufficient to deem him unsuitable for Premiership management for all eternity?

No. It's a decent bit of evidence he probably isn't good enough though, I was answering your post. The situation wasn't ideal but he was much worse than Kinnear.

So in your opinion Kinnear would have achieved equal or better than Hughton if he were in charge this season?

Why are we talking about Van Gaal? Isn't he doing alright managing Bayern? or am I mistaken in thinking that??  ???

He is managing Bayern. And after his he probably will end up as the new head coach of the German national team.

Guest koenji

Why are we talking about Van Gaal? Isn't he doing alright managing Bayern? or am I mistaken in thinking that??  ???

He is managing Bayern. And after his he probably will end up as the new head coach of the German national team.

I know LVG has said he`s like to but I can`t see the German fans accepting to have a Dutchman as the head coach of their national team.

I know LVG has said he`s like to but I can`t see the German fans accepting to have a Dutchman as the head coach of their national team.

They would. The majority of the fans would be happy as long as the team plays well.

So in your opinion Kinnear would have achieved equal or better than Hughton if he were in charge this season?

No. You seem to be having some sort of problem with either reading or understanding my posts.

A Dutchman managing Germany? Will never happen.

About as likely as Ferguson managing England.

If Löw quits Germany after the World Cup (which is, imo very likely to happen) than I'm going to put my money on Van Gaal. As I'v said - he already said he would be interested. And I don't think it's that unlikely.

No. You seem to be having some sort of problem with either reading or understanding my posts.

To be fair, I'd have an easier time if your position made any sense in the first place.

If Löw quits Germany after the World Cup (which is, imo very likely to happen) than I'm going to put my money on Van Gaal. As I'v said - he already said he would be interested. And I don't think it's that unlikely.

Feel free to waste your money.

Guest neesy111

you clearly don't know your history

you clearly don't know your history

I know it. I know it very well. But it has changed. I know from many people that they would welcome Van Gaal as national coach. Also the media hasn't said anything against it. Still, it is unlikely to happen because he won't be allowed to leave Bayern. But if he was allowed to he would be a realistic candidate.

To be fair, I'd have an easier time if your position made any sense in the first place.

It's pretty simple, check my posts. If you're still having trouble I'm happy to summarise it.

Hughton confirms he will be Newcastle boss next season

Chris Hughton has confirmed he will remain as Newcastle boss next season – and insists he wants the unlikely scenario of having BOTH Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor in his team.

The Newcastle boss is facing his biggest managerial test this week on and off the pitch and he admitted yesterday to “challenging issues”.

Newcastle are remaining tight-lipped on the vicious internal bust up between Carroll and Taylor which left former England Under 21 defender Taylor with a double jaw fracture and only able to eat liquids through a straw.

Hughton refused to let slip any hint of an incident in a bid to protect Carroll.

The former Spurs coach now has to keep a lid on different opinions in his dressing room over the handling of the affair, a major test of his man management and leadership behind the scenes.

The severity of Taylor’s injuries elevated the incident well above the usual training ground scraps, and Hughton’s public backing for Carroll - calling him a “vital” player for the future of the club just 48 hours after their fight - has left him considering his Toon future.

Newcastle play a crucial potential promotion clinching against third played Nottingham Forest tonight knowing a win would put them 13 points clear of the play-off zone with a game in hand.

Hughton says his relish for the top job is undimmed by the controversy he has dealt with in the last week and said: “I have a contract that takes for another season after this one. So I don’t see any reason at this moment why I wouldn’t be.

“All of it is a challenge - from what you do from the coaching side to the management side, dealing with whatever issues you have to do deal with it - it’s all challenging and it all comes in one package. If you don’t enjoy that challenge, you shouldn’t be here.

“I think over a period of time you develop as a manager and as a coach. Come the end of the season - wherever we end up at the end of the season - I will be a better manager for the experiences we’ve had this season.

“Will Andy Carroll be here next season? Yes, absolutely. Will Steven Taylor? Absolutely yes.”

Taylor has a year left on his contract and will attract bids from Everton and Aston Villa in the summer.

Hughton says he doesn’t have to justify the inconsistency in his disciplinary approach which saw Carroll dropped earlier in the season when he was involved in one nightclub incident, but picked to start against Doncaster after his fight with Taylor.

Carroll scored the winner, and Hughton says he is simply pursuing results to get Newcastle over the promotion line.

He said: “What I don’t have to do is to go into any specifics. My job is to manage this football club and this group of lads. Around that will always come decisions.

“I have to make decisions every week on whichever team I pick - sometimes you get things right, sometimes you get things wrong and I will continue to make decisions that I believe are right.

“For every team I pick I pick what I feel is the best team to win a football match for me. Around that there are issues of fitness, form, individuals, players coming back - those are the things that I take into account.

“My philosophy is we’ve got to do everything we can to win football matches. We’ve got a crowd here with high expectations - they expect us to get promotion. That means winning enough football matches to do that and that’s why such a big focus remains on winning those games.

“I think that at football clubs there will always be issues and it’s about working around the issues and on the important thing - winning enough games.

“We have high expectations here and to meet them we have to win games and that is our focus.”

Newcastle are the only club with an unbeaten home record and have a host of players fit again including Mike Williamson, Jose Enrique, Alan Smith and Peter Lovenkrands.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chris-Hughton-confirms-he-will-still-be-Newcastle-boss-next-season-and-insists-he-wants-to-keep-hold-of-both-Andy-Carroll-and-Steven-Taylor-despite-their-vicious-bust-up-article371845.html

TBH his transfers have been spot on for the most part aside from Leon Worst. A very likable fellow, good luck to him next season.

I think most importantly he is beginning to learn from his mistakes too.

Today he:

Played our best eleven available players. :thup:

Played them all in their right positions, no square pegs in round holes :thup:

Made the right substitution when Carroll had to come off :thup:

Did not make needless substitutions that could have messed up our rhythm and flow (ie bringing Barton or Best on)  :thup:

Celebrated the goals in legendary style :thup:

Today he:

Played our best eleven available players. :thup:

Played them all in their right positions, no square pegs in round holes :thup:

Made the right substitution when Carroll had to come off :thup:

Did not make needless substitutions that could have messed up our rhythm and flow (ie bringing Barton or Best on)  :thup:

Celebrated the goals in legendary style :thup:

Er... he did bring Barton on.