The promotion clearout.

Parky

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:facepalm: heres an idea how about we keep the majority of our side (geremi and butt excepted) and use that as a base to build on rather than try and build from scratch

That's what will happen

:facepalm: heres an idea how about we keep the majority of our side (geremi and butt excepted) and use that as a base to build on rather than try and build from scratch

Well aye, that'll happen - we're not gonna bring in 15 players. I think the point of this thread though is all very idealistic, however. There's only a handful of players in the squad who are fit for Premiership football every week.

:lol: It's certainly inevitable that we'll be looking at loans and frees again. Such a massive test for Hughton. It's not ideal but then it's not uncommon for the Premier Leauge - only, good managers can work on shoestring budgets. Good managers have scraped around the bargain basement and built solid structures at clubs, and really done well. It's a shock to the system cos we've been such a big-spending club for the last decade and a half.

Whilst it's all well and good saying "ah, i'd chuck these out cos they're not good enough" - i really hope we don't employ a sell-to-buy policy, because that just won't work with us. For one thing i don't think we're an attractive enough proposition for established, valued footballers. So selling a load of our cloggers, for tuppence - it's important to add, could seriously backfire.

The squad is far from Premier League quality but with the minute transfer kitty we're going to have, i hope we'll hang onto the majority.

Guthrie can't even cement a regular place in this seasons team  :rolleyes:

Aye but that's nowt to do with his ability, its Hughton's utter reluctance to play anything other than Nolan and Smith/Butt.

For me, Guthrie is the best CM we have.

People picking a load of the players that got us relegated in the first place :lol:

The playing squad last year should have been good enough to keep us up, maybe appart from CM. It was the turmoil and the shitty managers that relegated us. If you look at the squads of some Premier League teams, they are utter gash.

Harper

Colo

Enrique

S.Taylor

In an ideal world, the rest would be replaced but seeing as the funds in the summer simply won't be enough for wholesale changes, you can bet you will see a lot of familiar faces in our starting line-up.

i agree with this though i'd add jonas,carroll and ranger to the list. (carroll and ranger as first team squad players who may come through)

I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Taylor go- very poor player, IMO.

But, sadly, as people have stated, we will be keeping the majority of our squad for next season. The only players that should really be ushered to the exits of SJP are Butt, Geremi, Pancrate, R.Taylor and possibly Smith (but that is highly unlikely). Players like Kadar, Forster, Lua Lua and Ranger should probably be sent out on loan as next season will be invaluable to them for experience.

But with what we'll have to spend we will most likely have our hands tied and therefore be shopping in the transfer market equivilent of Lidl or Aldi, as opposed to the traditional Marks & Sparks or Sainsburys.

Lets just hope that the 'feel good' factor will keep us running for a couple of months should we be in the PL next season.

Getting relegated did the clearing out for us.  I think we're good now, all we need to do is add more players.

we have players who are plodding at this level, whats going to happen to them with a step up.

Getting relegated did the clearing out for us.  I think we're good now, all we need to do is add more players.

we have players who are plodding at this level, whats going to happen to them with a step up.

Well we have some good youngsters who might be able to step up and challenge the old guard. Kadar, Krul and Ranger all look like they can offer some fresh legs and enthusiasm. We could buy in more and ship out the deadwood. We might have done it with Geremi, unfortunately Nicky Butt looks like hanging on til his last pay packet.

Well we have some good youngsters who might be able to step up and challenge the old guard. Kadar, Krul and Ranger all look like they can offer some fresh legs and enthusiasm. We could buy in more and ship out the deadwood. We might have done it with Geremi, unfortunately Nicky Butt looks like hanging on til his last pay packet.

guthrie,nolan,shola,r.taylor,barton,pancrate,butt,smith.

when was the last time one of these played a game that made you think they'd survive in the prem ?

We haven't a striker as good as any of the three that left. Our best defender and best right back left. Our midfield was the worst in the league last year. We need to add a lot of fucking players.

when was the last time one of these played a game that made you think they'd survive in the prem ?

Guthrie offers some movement, Shola has scored goals in the premier, Barton tries to pass to feet as does Smith, Pancrate can run. Nolan, Taylor and Butt should all quit and sign new lucrative contracts as soon as Joe Kinnear gets appointed as manager of a leading club.

Guthrie offers some movement, Shola has scored goals in the premier, Barton tries to pass to feet as does Smith, Pancrate can run. Nolan, Taylor and Butt should all quit and sign new lucrative contracts as soon as Joe Kinnear gets appointed as manager of a leading club.

guthrie offers some movement at this level, shola has scored but now struggles at this level, barton has had 3 or 4 decent games in 3 years, smith is butt without the crowd on his back.

Shit I hope none of our players can afford the internet and have spare time on their hands to surf the net and read this crap as it would motivate them really well to not get promoted.

FFS, be thankful for the effort they've all put in this year to have us to leading the dvision by a big margin right now, they've all earned themselves a chance to stay IF and it's still a big IF we make it back up. Time for this kind of thread really is at the end of the season when we can evaluate the full body of work.

Shit I hope none of our players can afford the internet and have spare time on their hands to surf the net and read this crap as it would motivate them really well to not get promoted.

FFS, be thankful for the effort they've all put in this year to have us to leading the dvision by a big margin right now, they've all earned themselves a chance to stay IF and it's still a big IF we make it back up. Time for this kind of thread really is at the end of the season when we can evaluate the full body of work.

:lol:

Do you know anything about real life?

Enrique, Harper, Krul, S Taylor, Coloccini, Guthrie, Barton, Gutierrez, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger would be part of NUFC 2010/11

That leaves another 15 players to find to complete a decent PL squad. Kadar, Simpson, Smith, Nolan could be another 4 but even then we'll need another full team to stand a chance of staying up next year.

s*** I hope none of our players can afford the internet and have spare time on their hands to surf the net and read this crap as it would motivate them really well to not get promoted.

Do you know anything about real life?

It's threads like this and idiots like you, that are the reason I've been trying to stay away from this forum . Fucking hell your team is top of the table with a big fight on their hands in what loks like a very tight 3 horse race and you are already talking about who we should get rid of, when we don't even know which division we'll be playing in. Wait till the end of the season for shit like this.