R. Taylor

S. Taylor

Colo

Enrique

Kadar (I would let him go out on loan)

Simpson (if we get him)

Nolan

Gutrie

Jonas (though if we got a good bid and decent replacement he could go)

Shola

Carrol

Ranger

(Both Ranger and Carrol could go out on loan to a lower division club if needed)

I would let Harper go for a decent price, because we have Krul who is very good, and I think Harps is getting on a bit now so I'd rather cash in on him. Everyone else has areason why I would let them go, that being they arn't good enough.

Smith's fucking gash, he should be out the door directly after Butt.

Won't be though.

Him and Enrique have been our best players this season, surely your opinion is based on anything prior to this season.

He's done better against exceedingly mediocre opposition, but still hardly amazing. Nowhere near good enough for Premier League football IMO.

Harper, Enrique, Colo, S Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Lovenkrands, Ameobi

As back up keep Krul, Kadar, Simpson, Carroll

That leaves R Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Smith, Pancrate to sell. Not much of a clearout, although maybe Ranger could go out on loan

I'm concerned about the number of "when we get promoted" threads though. We've not had a league match since December...

This only without selling Smith. Think he really does well in his position and is a natural leader.

Can't believe how many here would like to sell Nolan. He's probably been our player of the season so far and has played in the Premier League for years so I don't see a problem with him.

I also think we can't sell so many players like some on here would like to do as we will never ever buy that many players under Ashley. There will only be very small changes imo.

Because apart from his goals he offers very little to the team.

Yeah, yeah it sounds ridiculous but it's very true. He's playing the position where it's important he can be actively involved in the middle and look to be the one player to pass and dictate play. He seems a sound guy but apart from his ability (in this division) to take goalscoring positions and convert chances he really does have a negative output on the team, which I have no doubt will stick out embarrasingly for him/us next season - just like it did the back end of lasts season.

I still believe he offers enough to be kept at least as a squad member. Maybe not as an automatic starter what he is very much at the moment.

Nolan is playing in the most important part of the team, everything we do should be dictated through our central midfielder. The fact he gets rings run round him even in this league says it all. He won't stand a chance in the premier.

Guest Stephen927

Harper

Colo

Enrique

S.Taylor

In an ideal world, the rest would be replaced but seeing as the funds in the summer simply won't be enough for wholesale changes, you can bet you will see a lot of familiar faces in our starting line-up.

Jesus christ on a bike, get realistic people, I just love how certain people have mentioned the starting 11, yeah, get us promoted, and then just ditch them, what the f***?  :facepalm:

No such thing, and will never happen, what kind of club throws out the majority of players that gained them promotion. Yeah Id like us to get rid of the likes of:

1) Barton

2) Butt

3) Amoebi

4) R. Taylor

5) Harper, yeah I know hes doing alright this season, but Id much rather we start playing Krul.

Probably 2-3 more I cant think of at the top of my head atm but Im convinced that some players like Colo and Enrique will do better in the prem next time out.

Harper is better than Krul. I know Krul is young and could still improve but I think Harper's the safer bet at this moment in time.

Been gash at the end of last season, but dosent matter to me, in terms of goalkeeping were OK.

Guest Stephen927

Barton, Butt, Geremi are the only ones who NEED to go imo.

Butt and Geremi are out of contract, so hopefully they'll be moving on anyways. We should be able to move Barton on but at a loss, can see Hughton banking on him to be our creative midfielder this season and next.

People picking a load of the players that got us relegated in the first place :lol:

Take the exact same side we had last season, give us a stable manager (even Hughton) & a normal season. We'd not get relegated.

A lot more went on last season than players playing at their highest ability & that not being good enough. Majority of them were no where near it as shown since.

For me...

Harper

RB

Enrique

Coloccini

S.Taylor

RM

Jonas

Barton or Guthrie (not both)

CM

CF

CF

Those are the ones I feel good enough for maybe mid-table in the Premier League. I've said Barton or Guthrie because I think with a better partner you could get away with them, but not both. The likes of Krul, Simpson, Lovenkrands, Nolan, Carroll & Ameobi would be alright for the bench but not ideal. Filling in those blanks though with quality is essential, we could maybe even get away with one new striker to start with alongside one of Carroll, Ameobi or Lovenkrands, but like with centre-midfield, two together wouldn't be good enough.

Smith's f***ing gash, he should be out the door directly after Butt.

Won't be though.

Him and Enrique have been our best players this season, surely your opinion is based on anything prior to this season.

He's done better against exceedingly mediocre opposition, but still hardly amazing. Nowhere near good enough for Premier League football IMO.

I would question if he has he done that well?  Hes still living off the hype of the first few games this season, other than that he has been very average IMO

I have watched Nolan play *lots* (I have mentioned on occasion I like Bolton), and he just doesn't work on a midfield of 2. Allardyce got the best out of him in a 4-5-1, where he could be carried by the other midfielders and he was free to pop from behind with goals. He used to have a certain industry back at Bolton that for your comments seems to have deserted him (I have only seen him play a couple times for you), although he wasn't the smartest player regarding positioning and tackling. Anyway, if you're going to play 4-4-2 he's going to be a liability at the top flight. But if you pack the midfield he's a very reasonable player for a promoted side.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

C'mon do you think this will ever happen? No. The majority of the team will remain, if Ashley's still here then Hughton's still here- And we'll get three or four players for cheap fees and a few loan players. Hughton won't have a "Promotion Clear Out"

Harper

Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Kadar

Guthrie, Barton, Jonas

Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Ranger

In an ideal world, we'd be able to ship out the rest and have a load of the above (particularly the strikers) as cover. Though i'd be fairly comfortable with our current backline as our first choice one next season. Simpson would be the weak link but he's alright; young n'all.

Not that it's even worth discussing. All those whose contracts are up in the summer will go, and that'll be it imo.