Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Interesting - OK, maybe not interesting, but still - to note the relatively low ratios of broadcasting revenues across the German clubs. Compare it to the bumper packages generally enjoyed in England, Italy, Spain - even France on a relative scale; makes the resurgence of the Bundesliga in recent seasons all the more impressive IMO.

Anyone any idea where we were in the list the season before Ashley arrived. I'm sure we were about 14th at one point. Don't think we maximize our potential anyway. 

The club has lost so much commercial revenue since Ashley it's ridiculous.  Another reason why Llambias should be nowhere near the club.

Can you explain how you got to the second sentence from the first?

Commercial revenue absolutly shocking! When they renamed St James', Llambais was on about how commercial revenue had been maximised so it needed to be done. What a load of shite! He should be sacked on the failure of the commercial side alone.

Guest neesy111

Anyone any idea where we were in the list the season before Ashley arrived. I'm sure we were about 14th at one point. Don't think we maximize our potential anyway. 

The club has lost so much commercial revenue since Ashley it's ridiculous.  Another reason why Llambias should be nowhere near the club.

Can you explain how you got to the second sentence from the first?

I would to anyone but you asking the question.

Astonished that we were so high despite not being in the Champions League, tbh. Bit irritating that Liverpool can generate so much commercial revenue, but I was surprised to see Schalke generating so much. Sponsorship?

Both Real and Barca still get more from TV alone than we do in total.

Amazing that Chelsea's revenue increased by 64% the season after Abramovich took over.  They were in the same ballpark as us before that and I guess that shows what success can bring in terms of foreign exposure and revenues.  I took this in guangzhou the other day:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3161/058in.jpg

There seems to be quite a few here supporting Chelsea now and i'm starting to see Man City stuff popping up so I would expect their revenues to start increasing a lot once their success brings the foreign fans over to them.  Still haven't seen a single NUFC anything here.  Not a single shirt, emblem or reference to our existence apart from the occassional match on TV (although when I told my mandarin tutor I was from newcastle the first thing she mentioned was the football team).

Amazing that Chelsea's revenue increased by 64% the season after Abramovich took over.  They were in the same ballpark as us before that and I guess that shows what success can bring in terms of foreign exposure and revenues.  I took this in guangzhou the other day:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3161/058in.jpg

There seems to be quite a few here supporting Chelsea now and i'm starting to see Man City stuff popping up so I would expect their revenues to start increasing a lot once their success brings the foreign fans over to them.  Still haven't seen a single NUFC anything here.  Not a single shirt, emblem or reference to our existence apart from the occassional match on TV (although when I told my mandarin tutor I was from newcastle the first thing she mentioned was the football team).

You should go to Thailand, Chelsea are everywhere due to their link with Singha Beer. This is a good example I found on Google but there's a lot more I saw over there too:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qUcogHDLN6w/UHgQzrVR1RI/AAAAAAAAXao/vYpQOHTi2Fk/s640/DSC00217.JPG

For Newcastle, it was funny the other night as I was walking down the main road in Bangkok in my old Newcastle shirt and a motorcycle taxi driver shouted at me. I thought he was touting for business but then I realised he was shouting "Toon Army" and then saw that he had a Newcastle Shirt on too!

Guest Roger Kint

Those finances didn't have a 35M one off asset boost as well.

Unsurprising given that 'asset boost'(whatever the hell that means) occurred the previous year........

Guest neesy111

Unsurprising given that 'asset boost'(whatever the hell that means) occurred the previous year........

I'm comparing them to the year which had them. :idiot2:  Which means our finances actually improved significantly without that one off asset boost.

Guest neesy111

I find it amazing that we have the 20th highest revenue out of any football club in the world.  :snod:

Not forgetting we bottomed out and are currently rebuilding.  (Still)

If the club markets itself correctly huge potential to make more commercially.  Club should head hunt someone like what City did with Gary Cook for this job as I don't trust Llambias 1 iota.

I find it amazing that we have the 20th highest revenue out of any football club in the world.  :snod:

Not forgetting we bottomed out and are currently rebuilding.  (Still)

If the club markets itself correctly huge potential to make more commercially.  Club should head hunt someone like what City did with Gary Cook for this job as I don't trust Llambias 1 iota.

Agree but I think its going to take a few years of decent league finishes and pop at the top 4 to pickup better sponsor ship.

Sad that we are looking at finacial/commercial success in football now.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm comparing them to the year which had them. :idiot2:  Which means our finances actually improved significantly without that one off asset boost.

You are talking rubbish as those figures for the previous year do not include player sales :idiot2:

Guest neesy111

You are talking rubbish as those figures for the previous year do not include player sales :idiot2:

In our official accounts they do.

Guest Roger Kint

In our official accounts they do.

That has nothing to do with your claim that the figures in the deloite list dont include the Carroll sale ffs :lol: