Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Those finances didn't have a 35M one off asset boost as well.

Unsurprising given that 'asset boost'(whatever the hell that means) occurred the previous year........

I'm comparing them to the year which had them. :idiot2:  Which means our finances actually improved significantly without that one off asset boost.

You are talking rubbish as those figures for the previous year do not include player sales :idiot2:

In our official accounts they do.

Not so. Any money received from player sales is not included in annual revenues in the accounts, and that applies to any football club.

Guest neesy111

Unsurprising given that 'asset boost'(whatever the hell that means) occurred the previous year........

I'm comparing them to the year which had them. :idiot2:  Which means our finances actually improved significantly without that one off asset boost.

You are talking rubbish as those figures for the previous year do not include player sales :idiot2:

That has nothing to do with your claim that the figures in the deloite list dont include the Carroll sale ffs :lol:

What I'm saying is our turnover has passed what we made the previous year despite the Carroll sale. :lol:  Which shows how much more the club made due to it's successful season. :lol:

I'll admit the 1st post was misleading though. :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

That has nothing to do with your claim that the figures in the deloite list dont include the Carroll sale ffs :lol:

What I'm saying is our turnover has passed what we made the previous year despite the Carroll sale. :lol:  Which shows how much more the club made due to it's successful season. :lol:

Well it makes sense now :lol:

The Carrol sale has absolutely nothing to do with it, it would never be included in club turnover.

Guest Roger Kint

He means we increased it due to our on field efforts(ie selling him and getting better as a team and finishing 5th) rather than anything financial........i think  :lol:

Guest neesy111

He means we increased it due to our on field efforts(ie selling him and getting better as a team and finishing 5th) rather than anything financial........i think  :lol:

Yes.  Which is good news.

:okay:

The Carrol sale has absolutely nothing to do with it, it would never be included in club turnover.

You know much more about football finance than me obviously, but why would income from player sales be excluded from the revenue reported for that period?

Thanks - stupid of me, how could anyone not see that from what he posted?

Guest Roger Kint

You know much more about football finance than me obviously, but why would income from player sales be excluded from the revenue reported for that period?

Its extraordinary income, ie not normal day to day income iirc

Guest neesy111

I'm confused.  Sorry.

Guest Roger Kint

Took me a while too :lol:

Its extraordinary income, ie not normal day to day income iirc

That I understand, but in my business extraordinary income (i.e. selling an asset) stills shows on my accounts as revenue, unless I'm horribly mistaken? Does it not work the same in football?

All clubs exclude revenue from player sales in their turnover figures. It gets shown in the annual accounts under the category of "profit or loss on disposal of player registrations". So in 2011 the NUFC  accounts showed a profit in this category of about £37 million most of which is due to Carroll. The reason it is treated this way is so that when you are comparing a club's revenue year on year it is free of distorting factors such as the one off sale of a player and you can genuinely compare how the club has grown (or shrunk) in its day to day business activities, broadly these are analysed as  matchday, media and commercial.  There is also an accounting reason for this treatment (to do with players being treated as fixed assets) but I won't go into that!

I'm confused.  Sorry.

So was I.

Anyone any idea where we were in the list the season before Ashley arrived. I'm sure we were about 14th at one point. Don't think we maximize our potential anyway. 

The club has lost so much commercial revenue since Ashley it's ridiculous.  Another reason why Llambias should be nowhere near the club.

Can you explain how you got to the second sentence from the first?

I would to anyone but you asking the question.

You can't? Stop doing a Dekka and answer the question.

Don't know if this has been posted already?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-fa-needs-to-reform-or-we-will-take-action-warn-mps-8470831.html

Government genuinely wanting to sort it out or just wanting a bigger cut?

I would guess they just want their fair cut, the way many football clubs overspend go "pop" owing the Revenue Millions and then just reappear is a disgrace.

• 1 month later...

An unnamed consortium with unnamed members pledging to buy a club for 2-3 times it's stock market value despite loads of other similar clubs being available for much less that would require less/similar levels of investment.

Yeah right.