Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Colo and Williamson, man. :lol:  Not a clue.

It's like last season never happened.

Williamson is fine as a 4th choice CB and for the occasional spot start. When clubs count on him playing each week, he's easily exploited.

Williamson is fine as a 4th choice CB and for the occasional spot start. When clubs count on him playing each week, he's easily exploited.

who wasn't exploited last season?

he's not amongst our best defenders.

a poor footballer but nowhere near as bad as a defender that most people make him out to be, neither was Simpson.

I agree but his limitations as an actual footballer is what makes me feel as if we can't play him.

Our entire back 4 has been exploited all season without him in it. No one in their right mind could argue that Mbwia is a better option than Williamson at present. Gary Neville called it spot on last night.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast
:lol: I got slated for saying that Willo was amongst our best CBs a while back and I was being serious.

:lol: I got slated for saying that Willo was amongst our best CBs a while back and I was being serious.

He's fine if you need a big guy to stand there and not get out-muscled. Terrible on the ball, can't pass, and he's not very good with his head for someone so tall.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He's fine if you need a big guy to stand there and not get out-muscled. Terrible on the ball, can't pass, and he's not very good with his head for someone so tall.

He's okish except against the RVP's or Suarez but fortunately we don't play them every week.

And you feel vindicated because be played better than Yanga-Mbiwa for 45 minutes last night?

He's still pony and championship level at best.

And you feel vindicated because be played better than Yanga-Mbiwa for 45 minutes last night?

He's still pony and championship level at best.

The thing is that Mbwia doesn't even look Championship standard this season. In fact he got ripped apart at Morecambe on numerous occasions and they were down the bottom of League 2 at the time, probably still are.

Taylor and Colo shipped 6 in the least game and a half? News to me, like. Then again I am often thick as pig sh! t as you say.

Dear god you are thick. With Taylor being injured if you don't play Williamson you have to play Colo and Mbwia who up until yesterday had conceded 6 in a game and a half. Surely not too difficult to grasp.

Taylor's probably back for Cardiff.

And no, I'd still rather Colo and MYM than Mike f***ing Williamson because of one half in which the opposition had stopped trying. Keep the personal insults coming, though, you utter f***ing winner in the lottery of life.

As my life doesn't mainly consist of trolling messageboards such as this with 1000's of pointless ramblings I'd say I'm doing a lot better than you are in the lottery of life. Keep the insults coming if it makes you feel better about yourself though young un.

I don't why ronaldo is arguing with you, he himself mentioned countless of times there's no 'future' in Colo and Mbiwa  :lol:

Are you actually this stupid?

Taylor and Colo shipped 6 in the least game and a half? News to me, like. Then again I am often thick as pig sh! t as you say.

Dear god you are thick. With Taylor being injured if you don't play Williamson you have to play Colo and Mbwia who up until yesterday had conceded 6 in a game and a half. Surely not too difficult to grasp.

Taylor's probably back for Cardiff.

And no, I'd still rather Colo and MYM than Mike f***ing Williamson because of one half in which the opposition had stopped trying. Keep the personal insults coming, though, you utter f***ing winner in the lottery of life.

As my life doesn't mainly consist of trolling messageboards such as this with 1000's of pointless ramblings I'd say I'm doing a lot better than you are in the lottery of life. Keep the insults coming if it makes you feel better about yourself though young un.

I don't why ronaldo is arguing with you, he himself mentioned countless of times there's no 'future' in Colo and Mbiwa  :lol:

Are you actually this stupid?

what's rattled your cage now angry man?

You know things are bad when people are clamoring for Williamson to brought into the starting eleven

Pardew brought it up post-match tbf.

"Some of the goals we've conceded this year really are not good enough for us - the consistency of performance individually and as a unit in the back four - we're gonna have to do some work and there might have to be some personal (sic) changes in there.

"I thought (Mike) Williamson come on and we looked a lot stronger for that and he's got a great chance of playing at Cardiff."

You know things are bad when people are clamoring for Williamson to brought into the starting eleven

"Some of the goals we've conceded this year really are not good enough for us - the consistency of performance individually and as a unit in the back four - we're gonna have to do some work and there might have to be some personal (sic) changes in there.

"I thought (Mike) Williamson come on and we looked a lot stronger for that and he's got a great chance of playing at Cardiff."

The simple truth, and as a manager you'd be mad not to act on it.

But Cardiff is probably the wrong game for Williamson as apparently they have small fast strikers. Unless Pardew feels either Mapou or Colo aren't giving 100%, in which case he really doesn't appear to have a handle on the squad at all.

We actually cleared some aerial balls once he came on but I still think its our fullbacks that are the real issue. Yes Mapou had a stinker and gave up something he has to and will make up for.

Must be Hard for a CB to keep heart mind when their fullbacks are constantly going missing or being passed with ease.

Three CB's may be a better option that four at the back the way we are right now, Debuch & Santon both are probably much better wingbacks than they will ever be fullbacks.

--------------Krul

------MYM---Willi---Colo-----

Debu---------------------Santon

------Sisso----------Vern

--------------Cabs

----HBA---------------Remy

But Cardiff is probably the wrong game for Williamson as apparently they have small fast strikers. Unless Pardew feels either Mapou or Colo aren't giving 100%, in which case he really doesn't appear to have a handle on the squad at all.

That's a reasonable point, but Mapou and Colo were so exceptionally shit on Monday, as individuals and as a combo, that there are other considerations.

Williamson did well on Monday, and it's important that the squad get the message that if you play well, you get picked.

What was striking on Monday was that the two centre backs were avoiding responsibility and leaving things to one another. Whoever you're playing, that will lead to disaster. Trying and failing is acceptable. Hiding on the field is not. It's dispiriting to the rest of the team.

Willo isn't particularly mouthy, but I think he's a better communicator than the rest. And communication was sadly lacking on Monday.

Williamson and Colo have played together several times before, and whilst they have their weaknesses, they have at least worked out a division of roles and know what to expect from one another.

We actually cleared some aerial balls once he came on but I still think its our fullbacks that are the real issue. Yes Mapou had a stinker and gave up something he has to and will make up for.

Must be Hard for a CB to keep heart mind when their fullbacks are constantly going missing or being passed with ease.

Three CB's may be a better option that four at the back the way we are right now, Debuch & Santon both are probably much better wingbacks than they will ever be fullbacks.

--------------Krul

------MYM---Willi---Colo-----

Debu---------------------Santon

------Sisso----------Vern

--------------Cabs

----HBA---------------Remy

Our defenders are all playing shite so let's have... more of them.