Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

My favourite ever NUFC player. Robert, not Mike Williamson.

Beardsley by far for me, although it's a bit like bands in that the things you love when you're young and impressionable you'll always have the biggest soft spot for.

Aye but his personality has nowt to do with it really, I loved Bellamy but always said he was a cunt that I loved but I wouldn't stand for it if he wasn't our cunt.

Off-the-field stuff shouldn't come into it IMO, plus I personally just think Beardsley was more of a genius for us in the time I watched him play.  Robert was certainly the boss when it came to end product, i.e. goals, assists and creating mayhem, despite him being ineffectual a lot of the time.

It's scary (and a bit of a shame) that we didn't have Beardsley for more of his prime years.  Was the perception he was getting towards finished when we signed him from Everton?

Possibly the least worthy thread to discuss these merits in.

What I'd give for even half as effective wide players as Robert and Nobby man, feels like a lifetime ago.

:lol: Worthy a thread tbh, not just a fave NUFC player thread but who did you think was over-rated, under-rated, under-used, over-criticised, etc.

Same. And same. :thup:

Twice in two posts I'm agreeing with Ronnie but Laurent Robert is definitely the best I've seen. Simply magnificent.

Same. And same. :thup:

Twice in two posts I'm agreeing with Ronnie but Laurent Robert is definitely the best I've seen. Simply magnificent.

Some of the free-kicks and long range shots he scored were amazing. That one against Spurs...

Same here. My only trip to SJP was in 2005 against Liverpool when he scored the only goal, a free kick. Was that his last goal for us?

Aye but his personality has nowt to do with it really, I loved Bellamy but always said he was a c*** that I loved but I wouldn't stand for it if he wasn't our c***.

Off-the-field stuff shouldn't come into it IMO, plus I personally just think Beardsley was more of a genius for us in the time I watched him play.  Robert was certainly the boss when it came to end product, i.e. goals, assists and creating mayhem, despite him being ineffectual a lot of the time.

It's scary (and a bit of a shame) that we didn't have Beardsley for more of his prime years.  Was the perception he was getting towards finished when we signed him from Everton?

From what I can remember KK had a bit of a battle with SJH to sign Beardsley for 1.5 mill.  SJH was opposed to signing him due to his age but KK was convinced Beardsley still had loads to offer.  KK was proven right.

Aye but his personality has nowt to do with it really, I loved Bellamy but always said he was a c*** that I loved but I wouldn't stand for it if he wasn't our c***.

From what I can remember KK had a bit of a battle with SJH to sign Beardsley for 1.5 mill.  SJH was opposed to signing him due to his age but KK was convinced Beardsley still had loads to offer.  KK was proven right.

I'm sure KK actually lied to SJH about Pedro's ages to enable it to go through!

Same here. My only trip to SJP was in 2005 against Liverpool when he scored the only goal, a free kick. Was that his last goal for us?

Free kick against Olympiakos a few days later. Check out Sewelly's compilation of his goals on YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...