Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest chopey

I don't see how that statement means Carver is staying, Williamson is always elegant when he speaks and he has no mention of an apology to his manager

It's telling he doesn't mention Carver once, think Monday morning at training could be interesting.

Its a regulation counter attack foul, career ending ffs. It's stupid yes and I can understand the thinking that he's bottled it but is it dangerous? hell fucking no.

Ian Baker @ianbakersport  ·  7 min

Mike Williamson has issued a statement apologising for his sending off yesterday and denying it was deliberate #nufc

“I would like to apologise to the #nufc supporters & my fellow teammates for getting sent-off during yesterday’s game."

“There was absolutely no intent to hurt Jamie Vardy or get sent-off."

"But I recognise that I should have been more composed and measured in my determination to win the ball."

"Unfortunately, it did the one thing that I never wanted to do, and that was to hurt the team."

“I will do whatever I can to help teammates prepare for the next two games & fight to get back into the team when I’m available.

“I’ve had the honour to play for #nufc for five years now, and I can genuinely say that I feel privileged to play for this club.

"I would never do anything intentionally to hurt the team or its supporters.”

If that is a true statement, then he has been told to say it which indicates to me that Carver is going nowhere - RELEGATION TIME!!!

or that he's just too spineless to shoot back at Carver for publicly calling him a coward.

The ball is off the field and he has hacked him down, I agree with carver on that one. Got every right to say its deliberate when we literally should have had a throw in and a player on a yellow does that

Ian Baker @ianbakersport  ·  7 min

Mike Williamson has issued a statement apologising for his sending off yesterday and denying it was deliberate #nufc

“I would like to apologise to the #nufc supporters & my fellow teammates for getting sent-off during yesterday’s game."

“There was absolutely no intent to hurt Jamie Vardy or get sent-off."

"But I recognise that I should have been more composed and measured in my determination to win the ball."

"Unfortunately, it did the one thing that I never wanted to do, and that was to hurt the team."

“I will do whatever I can to help teammates prepare for the next two games & fight to get back into the team when I’m available.

“I’ve had the honour to play for #nufc for five years now, and I can genuinely say that I feel privileged to play for this club.

"I would never do anything intentionally to hurt the team or its supporters.”

Apology not accepted Mike. Now do us all a favour and fuck off from our club

Hardly surprising he is attempting to rekindle some professionalism if he has put in a transfer request tbh. Knows he probably won't play again this season, so thinking about his next move already. Good riddance

Watching it again,  he is so fucking late going for the ball even Willo isn't that thick for that not to be deliberate imo. The position was near enough the half way line and he was already off the pitch :lol:.

Watching it again,  he is so f***ing late going for the ball even Willo isn't that thick for that not to be deliberate imo. The position was near enough the half way line and he was already off the pitch :lol:.

TBH, what makes me think it was intentional was the fact Vardy slammed into the camera. Any normal / accidental tackle would of seen you help the player you think could be injured due to the collision with a massive stationary camera, not your poorly timed tackle.

Just reminded me of Mcmanaman intentional hurting Haidara and walking away despite hearing his scream. Guilty parties leave the scene. End of the debate for me.

Vardy reached the ball first, and tried to knock it down the line, with the intention of chasing after it. If he'd succeeded, he'd have been in the clear. Willo did what most defenders would do - put in the sort of challenge where you either get man or ball.

Was it the right time or situation to do that? No. The game was already lost and we can't afford to lose another defender. Does that mean he did it with the intention of not playing? No. He made a poor decision in the heat of battle.

Vardy reached the ball first, and tried to knock it down the line, with the intention of chasing after it. If he'd succeeded, he'd have been in the clear. Willo did what most defenders would do - put in the sort of challenge where you either get man or ball.

Was it the right time or situation to do that? No. The game was already lost and we can't afford to lose another defender. Does that mean he did it with the intention of not playing? No. He made a poor decision in the heat of battle.

I might be more inclined to believe that if he ever made that kind of last ditch challenge elsewhere on the pitch at a crucial part of the game.

You generally are stupid, like.

Your first sentence would be a perfectly acceptable scenario if 2 things didn't happen.

1) If it happened within 30 yards on our goal and he was last man, instead of on the HALF WAY line

2) The tackle took place on the pitch instead of OFF it.

I thought it was a horrendous challenge all things considered. The location of the foul was the most telling for me, he's running full pelt and Williamson actually runs off the pitch and wipes out his legs from under him with no intention of playing the ball which is several yards off the pitch.

Awful tackle and could easily have been a red. If it had happened in the centre circle it's an automatic booking but the fact it's happened where it did would suggest Williamson saw a bit of red mist and possibly wanted to do a bit of damage.

I don't think he did it to get sent off, just seems like he lost it for a second and had a moment of madness. Carver said he said something to him at half time that obviously riled him up. So when Vardy knocked it by him, when he was already at boiling point, sent him over the edge and he just lashed out.

You see players like Rooney and Costa etc do it all the time. Do their managers come out and accuse them of doing it on purpose to get sent off, no.

But that's because they have experience and actually know what they are doing.

I don't think he did it to get sent off, just seems like he lost it for a second and had a moment of madness. Carver said he said something to him at half time that obviously riled him up. So when Vardy knocked it by him, when he was already at boiling point, sent him over the edge and he just lashed out.

You see players like Rooney and Costa etc do it all the time. Do their managers come out and accuse them of doing it on purpose to get sent off, no.

But that's because they have experience and actually know what they are doing.

Neither Carver nor Willo know what they are doing.

Slammed into the camera  :lol:

It had two massive foam pads around it man, the only thing Vardy was bothered about is whether it messed his hair up. Look at the shit rugby players deal with constantly and tell me what happened to him was a big deal.

Stupid, yes. A second yellow, absolutely. Let's not over do it though. Janmaats was barely even a trip, let alone a yellow card.

imagine the fee we'll demand for Williamson man :lol:

Sunderland: "We'll give you £5m."

NUFC: "Deal. When do you want him?"

Sunderland: "Oh no, we're giving you £5m to keep him..."