Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest toonlass

Samba is certainly an upgrade on Williamson and would be an ideal partener for Colo, would be a huge threat from Joey's set pieces aswell.

Would prefer Haangleand (sp) though, although we'd never probably get him.

Samba has just signed a new contract hasn't he?

Samba is certainly an upgrade on Williamson and would be an ideal partener for Colo, would be a huge threat from Joey's set pieces aswell.

Yep, the question is whether he wants to stay or whether Blackburn just want to protect his resale value.

I don't think he's a realistic target TBF, unless Blackburn go down.

So did Carroll  ;D

Gotta say this talk of having Hangleland with Colcocinni is making me foam at the mouth. This would be a BRILLIANT signing. Make up for all those years watching Bramble and Boumbsong.

To be honest I think 10M for him is a bit expensive.

Vidic

Smalling

Skrtel

Vermaelen

Koscielny

Alex

Ivanovic

Kompany

Hangelaand

Samba

Cahill

Bassong

Jagielka

Heitinga

Johnson

Dann

All of these (maybe a few errors) are cheaper than 10M. I know they are not traded this year but the Market has been a bit flat. In my opinion we should buy a top young championsip defender instead. Top young championship defenders have a good historical track record to do well in the premiership. And they normally cost between 5M to 10M. Affordable n reliable

Gotta say this talk of having Hangleland with Colcocinni is making me foam at the mouth. This would be a BRILLIANT signing. Make up for all those years watching Bramble and Boumbsong.

I thought that was your normal state.

I thought that was your normal state.

]

Thank you very much for being so mean.

I'd have Lescott but his wages would be sky high. Blatently has no future at City.

Seriously?

He's hardly going to be first choice over Kompany and Toure. Although i doubt he will find many clubs willing to take him.

The good thing about City is that i get the feeling they aren't bothered about the fee's they get for players.

I'd have Lescott but his wages would be sky high. Blatently has no future at City.

Seriously?

He's hardly going to be first choice over Kompany and Toure. Although i doubt he will find many clubs willing to take him.

The good thing about City is that i get the feeling they aren't bothered about the fee's they get for players.

Ah I see what you mean

Lescott has ability but he's not an ideal partner for Coloccini. Rather have Saylor alongside Colo.

Probably correct. He looked a different player at Everton though.

Didn't he score like 10 goals for them? Fuck it play him up front ;)

Williamson tends to get scapegoated. He's a decent all-round centre back.

Having said that, I have wondered whether his confidence is a bit more brittle since he was dropped for Taylor. His hesitation with the Van Persie header wasn't at all typical of the form that he showed last season and earlier this season.

He looked a lot better second half and he needs to maintain that self-belief.

We won't sign Hangeland ffs.

Correct!

If Arsenal couldn't prize him away with all their big club tricks then i very much doubt we are going to be able to sway him to arrive at Newcastle.

I think we'll have to look abroad. If our scouting network could pick up a player like Tiote, it shouldn't be a problem finding a CB equivalent.

Having said that, I have wondered whether his confidence is a bit more brittle since he was dropped for Taylor. His hesitation with the Van Persie header wasn't at all typical of the form that he showed last season and earlier this season.

That's probably fair enough, he looked more than decent not too long ago, he hasn't suddenly become a bad player.

Pardew needs to figure out how he can get Williamson playing at the top of his game again.

That's probably fair enough, he looked more than decent not too long ago, he hasn't suddenly become a bad player.

Pardew needs to figure out how he can get Williamson playing at the top of his game again.

By not replacing him with Taylor? :lol:

By not replacing him with Taylor? :lol:

Well yeah, but also now he has replaced him with Taylor!

I can't blame him tbh. He was first choice all season, then Pardew comes in and Taylor regains fitness and suddenly he's on the bench.

His head is down mainly because he feels as though he's just in the team because there's noone else. It's hard to motivate a player in that situation.