Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Can't see Taylor walking back into the side, unless either Colo or Willi get injured.

It will be not fair against Williamson either. Against Bham, he was our best defender. He won almost every head duel. He showed how important it is to have a cb with air prowess when meeting times like Bham, Stoke and Burn. I think he's been god the last 2,5 games. Back to his best under CH?

Taylor wins and gets far more power/accuracy on his headers.

Then we got to agree to disagree. One of the main reasons for the success of Willi and Colo is their compatibility. Willi wins everything in the air, and if anything passes through, Colo deals with it. They have a clear role understanding. Willi guards the air, Colo guards the ground. Taylor on the other hand is much more disorganized in his play.  If you ignore the freaky Arsenal match, we've only conceded one goal in three matches. And that's a good statistics if you ask me. And we played against comparable teams too.

I would be far happier playing Williamson if we could amputate his arms.  I expect him to give away a penalty every game as he's always got his arms around the opposition.

How many has he given away though?

Taylor is too injury prone to be relied upon, the best thing in a centre back pairing is they play lots of games so it doesn't make sense chucking Taylor in there every time he gets fit again, especially as there isn't much between them. I think Williamson suits Colo better too.

Taylor is too injury prone to be relied upon, the best thing in a centre back pairing is they play lots of games so it doesn't make sense chucking Taylor in there every time he gets fit again, especially as there isn't much between them. I think Williamson suits Colo better too.

I don't know how he gets away with holding players.

I don't know how how he gets away with holding players.

Neither do I but he has a talent for it so leave him be.  O0 I think Williamson is a better overall centre back than Taylor, he is a lot more composed and intelligent and when Taylor plays our back four look a lot more agitated I reckon.

Taylor treats the ball like a hotcake. Doesn't want it anywhere near him, which can be good for a centre back in certain situations but for a top table side that looks to keep possession and build from the back, it's far too primitive.

Taylor treats the ball like a hotcake. Doesn't want it anywhere near him, which can be good for a centre back in certain situations but for a top table side that looks to keep possession and build from the back, it's far too primitive.

I'm not a Taylor fan as such, but that's complete rubbish. He loves having the ball.

Yet he is much better on the ball than Williamson who often panics under pressure and hoofs it out gifting possesion back to the opposition.

Yet he is much better on the ball than Williamson who often panics under pressure and hoofs it out gifting possesion back to the opposition.

Williamson was cooler with the ball under CH. I think he has the ability to pass the ball, but not the confidence to actually try it. CH was aware of that and did train his  passing  skills on matchdays. If you remember back to the early games, Williamson had some very nice passes. Did not clear the ball as much as he does know. I hope Pardew attends to this problem. He's focused on Jonas' crossing lately, and that gave us a good result against Bham

Williamson has put it out in the last few games - quite rightly too IMO. Brum and Blackburn are the kind of opposition that feed off bullying defenders into mistakes.

If you put it out, get your team in shape and them the ball - they haven't the foggiest of how to break you down. Hence two clean sheets.

He and Colo generally have much better footballing philosophies in terms of passing and possession though. Taylor is far more brainless as a defender IMO.

Williamson has put it out in the last few games - quite rightly too IMO. Brum and Blackburn are the kind of opposition that feed off bullying defenders into mistakes.

If you put it out, get your team in shape and them the ball - they haven't the foggiest of how to break you down. Hence two clean sheets.

He and Colo generally have much better footballing philosophies in terms of passing and possession though. Taylor is far more brainless as a defender IMO.

You are wrong tbh, Taylor is a much better footballer than Williamson, I like Williamson and want to keep him here and as he is a decent defender but Taylor is much better with the ball at his feet.

Putting it out is all well and good against teams like that but against the better teams they will punish you at this level.

lying to try and win an argument is never good.

It's all he knows, give him a break.

You'll hurt my feelings if you carry on like this.

You'll hurt my feelings if you carry on like this.

And now you're editing my posts? No integrity whatsoever.

I think maybe a better way of putting it is Taylor's generally hastier with the ball. Better potential technique, though, and his nature does mean he can go on those mammoth dribbles occasionally...

Absolute nonsense. Have you actually watched much of Taylor? He loves running the ball out from the back. In my book, his biggest problem is that he thinks he's some sort of Beckenbauer, when he should just stick to basics.

The idea that Williamson is better than him in the air ("wins everything in the air" my arse) is equally misguided.