Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

same typical defender as colo... slow mofo defender... :(

This argument is invalid.

Agree that Colo is slow, but that is pretty much the only thing against him. He has other qualities which allows him to compensate for his lack of speed and that is why he has been one of our star performers this season.

Willo has quite a few limitations and being slow is only one of them. Those other limitations prevent him from compensating for his lack of speed and that is why he is regarded as a backup CB who is filling in for the injured Saylor.

So while they both are slow, they are definitely not the same. Not now, not ever. 

Just a hunch but I reckon he'll be sold in the summer. We've moved on a hell of a lot from when we signed him and I think he's starting to look a little out of place. We can do better and I think the club know this.

Guest michaelfoster

Massively massively overrated. Wish he'd stop turning his back too. Its a football ffs. How much can it hurt?

Colo did this yesterday for one of the goals but nobody has mentioned it

He's a good squad defender that we need to keep but his lack of pace is his biggest weakness and I agree with most people in that we'll see a faster and better defender arrive in the summer hopefully. Such a shame we didn't get a CB in January, ah well nevermind..

Nice lad, was a very important player for us last season, but we've moved on and he's no longer good enough; we shouldn't be putting ourselves in a position where we're relying on him for long periods of time, should be 4th choice at best.

Just a hunch but I reckon he'll be sold in the summer. We've moved on a hell of a lot from when we signed him and I think he's starting to look a little out of place. We can do better and I think the club know this.

Shouldn't be sold imo. Sure, his weaknesses have been exposed this season but I still trust him to do a job like. He's a steady, not-so-exceptional CB. Having said that, Saylor is the better option but still, it is nice to have someone like Williamson as backup.

(We do need another capable CB though, squad depth reasons really).

Guest prestonj1989

Since Williamson came in to the side we have conceded 14 goals in 8 games. The Taylor/ Colo partnership conceded only one more goal but over 14 games.

Since Williamson came in to the side we have conceded 14 goals in 8 games. The Taylor/ Colo partnership conceded only one more goal but over 14 games.

stop using stats to demean a player, 

your stats fails to mention how many times a make-shift midfield is played in front of him.

He has come back from a terrible injury that had him out for many weeks and was thrown in ASAP after Taylor was lost with little or no time to get up to speed again. Unlike the precious Ben Arfa, nobody seems to remember that bit.

He has not been the only poor player on the pitch in the games where the team have been hammered. So why is he a target?

Spurs were absolutely rampant yesterday and yet the reaction here is as if Williamson singlehandedly lost the game.

Total bollocks - it is a team game. He was no better or no worse than those around him.

Just feel he is not nearly physical enough to play the 'tough centre half' role.  He isn't as good as he should be in the air for his height, he isn't particularly strong and most importantly he just isn't brave enough.  For example, I can't imagine Adebayor scoring his goal if Saylor had been marking him.  Saylor would have just thrown himself at the ball and cleared, regardless of any potential boot to the face.

Ideally he should be the 4th choice CB.

Can do a job now and then as emergency cover but he's going to get exposed when given an extended run in the team, a team like Spurs who play a slick passing game was always a potential nightmare matchup for him.

If he's happy in a squad role then I'd look to keep him in the summer, he's not terrible.

Can do a job now and then as emergency cover but he's going to get exposed when given an extended run in the team, a team like Spurs who play a slick passing game was always a potential nightmare matchup for him.

If he's happy in a squad role then I'd look to keep him in the summer, he's not terrible.

yep

Nailed it.

• 2 weeks later...