Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest neesy111

I hope for his own sake he goes to a club where he isn't out of his depth once he leaves, which I think he will in the summer.

Some of the comments about the bloke have been pathetic as they are with Shola.

Neither should be regulars but when they end up as that It's not their failure.

Hate seeing either being called a cunt, twat, tosser etc.. they are playing for a club that any ambitious player of their level would dream about. It's not their fault said club hasn't signed the players to make sure both are played a lot less.

A solid pro. :lol:

Funny how that line doesn't work with the likes of Alan Smith.  Williamson is dogshit, has been costing us matches and is nowhere near good enough for this league let alone this club, people have the right to slate him. 

Even Simpson is better yet gets twice as much abuse.

Alan Smith was a fraud who could have found a club if he was prepared to lower his ridiculous wages. Williamson has been a much more needed player who gives his (limited) all and would probably leave to be on equal or even higher wages.

No comparison.

Alan Smith was a fraud who could have found a club if he was prepared to lower his ridiculous wages. Williamson has been a much more needed player who gives his (limited) all and would probably leave to be on equal or even higher wages.

No comparison.

So you'd give up a 60k a week job for a 10k a week job because you didn't think you were up to it and wanted to do the honest thing instead of trying to prove your worth?

Hate seeing either being called a c***, t***, tosser etc.. they are playing for a club that any ambitious player of their level would dream about. It's not their fault said club hasn't signed the players to make sure both are played a lot less.

:thup: Agree with every single word there.

Williamson is clearly a limited player but he always gave it his all and has always been the constant professional. Yes he is a 4th choice CB at best at a club like this but I'm pretty much happy for him to stay at the club for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't pretend I wanted to just play whilst turning down offers to move after raking in a fortune from a club I gave fuck all back to.

He was worse than Michael Owen which is some achievement.

As said, there is no comparison to Williamson and Smith.

Hate seeing either being called a c***, t***, tosser etc.. they are playing for a club that any ambitious player of their level would dream about. It's not their fault said club hasn't signed the players to make sure both are played a lot less.

:thup: Agree with every single word there.

Williamson is clearly a limited player but he always gave it his all and has always been the constant professional. Yes he is a 4th choice CB at best at a club like this but I'm pretty much happy for him to stay at the club for the foreseeable future.

:thup: Aye, it's not his fault he's s***. Do people expect him to not sign and say "sorry, I know you want me, but honestly, I just don't think I'm good enough."? Got nowt against the guy.

For the record, I think the same of Smith.

Absolutely agree. I wouldn't get rid so long as he was back up, which is really what he was supposed to be. Solid pro that tries his best but once teams know he is starting every week can game plan against.

Mike's been found wanting this season but to be fair he played a big part last season like it or not.

Shouldn't be first choice but happy for him to remain in the squad.

Other than playing, he's a model pro from what I can see, no problems with him off the pitch, does a bit of the charity/press work and isn't a cunt stuck up his own arse.

If Pards asked me to play week in, week out, I'd be there with bells on, and I'm dogshit at football  :lol: so you can't blame him.

I am really not a fan of his footballing abilities, that aside, no reason to dislike the guy.

I think being out of the team for a while might help, clearly shot of confidence at the moment.  Reality is, he is third choice given Taylors injury record - worse still, second if Colo goes.  Hence he is still too close to the first team IMO.

Guest Roger Kint

How do we know Williamson is 4th choice.  He started the season ahead of Saylor, I honestly believe Pardew rates the bloke. :undecided:

Seeing as Saylor started the Spurs game with Williamson on the bench behind James Perch i think you are wrong :lol:

The insults thrown at him are only done so out of frustration and are definitely not aimed at him as a person, just as a footballer. I'm sure he's a top lad but tbf he is a 'cunt of a footballer' and has cost us numerous points on his own this season.

If he has to stay as 4th choice then fair enough (and he'd probably be happy to do so) but i'd rather we replaced him with a younger, hungrier, less error-prone player.

Posters that you'd expect having a go at a solid pro who has played too many games owing to the regime above him and has been cut little slack compared with other more talented under-performers.

Probably been burnt out more than any other player in 2012 (maybe Santon too?). Anyway, hope we keep him as fourth-choice for now :) Good guy.

:thup: spot on

While it is patently obvious he is no where near good enough to be anywhere near our first team i just wanted to add my voice to those saying the level of personal abuse is uncalled for.

Aye he is not good enough but it's not his fault he has had to play he is not responsible for our recruitment policy is he.

While it is patently obvious he is no where near good enough to be anywhere near our first team i just wanted to add my voice to those saying the level of personal abuse is uncalled for.

Aye he is not good enough but it's not his fault he has had to play he is not responsible for our recruitment policy is he.

This. He's a decent honest player who's always done his best but sadly isn't good enough to be playing week in week out in the Premier League.

He can do certain things, headed clearances etc etc, and he can't do others, controlling and passing the ball. He is what he is, he's a solid pro and a Championship CB.

I don't have any bad feelings towards him, in fact I respect him for stepping up a level and doing his absolute best.

I have to say i got carried away really, when you are dissapointed and annoyed by your sides performance, and generally he was the weakest part of the team, its easy to turn criticisms of his game in to personal attacks. When you mellow out and take a look youre like "man, maybe went a bit far", especially when you measure him on the Alan Smith scale...

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but unfortunately not good enough. Sell and hope he does well elsewhere

Oh, and respect for stepping up? :lol: Have a word, man. Anyone would step up and try in his situation. He'd been offered a nice contract playing in the prem. Fucking dream stuff.

Respect for stepping up :lol:

Making it sound like it's a fucking chore or hell to play for us :lol:

Obviously you hate him, and I don't blame you, but I'm not changing my opinion on that. He's found himself in the firing line and he's faced it.