Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

[move]http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mike-Williamson-300x180.jpg                                                                http://static.tumblr.com/uzratbi/qilm1cdls/van_pelt_screaming_gif.gif[/move] 

“I’ve now got the luxury of having four centre-halves, three of whom are really playing well. The other guy (Mike Williamson) isn’t really going to get a chance now because the other three are playing so well

“I don’t see any problem, if say, Colo (Fabricio Coloccini, Newcastle’s captain) got injured, because I could play the other two. I’ll put them all in the frame, but category one is our captain.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/02/23/alan-pardew-magpies-stronger-for-trip-to-ukraine-61634-32864262/#ixzz2LidUQPmg

:lol:

Bit early for April fools joke isn't it?

agree with the sentiment but he should have kept it to himself

Yep, defended Pardew numerous times about his over the top comments when bigging up shit players but that isn't on no matter how much I agree.

I'm still of the opinion he can do a job as 4th choice, how many games did he play last season when we had many good defensive performances?

He is nowhere near as bad as portrayed tbh, clearly not good enough to be a first choice but as 4th he is just fine.

I'm still of the opinion he can do a job as 4th choice, how many games did he play last season when we had many good defensive performances?

He is nowhere near as bad as portrayed tbh, clearly not good enough to be a first choice but as 4th he is just fine.

:thup:

Has he said anything wrong there? He said he was happy with having 4 to choose from, 3 are in form so 1 will struggle to play. He's hardly having a go at Williamson.

not the way he came out with it, if he'd said it like that it would have been fine.

Has he said anything wrong there? He said he was happy with having 4 to choose from, 3 are in form so 1 will struggle to play. He's hardly having a go at Williamson.

As obvious as it is (Williamson being 4th choice) I don't think a manager should make it that clear. We should have a squad with every player thinking there is the potential to break into the team, we shouldn't have a manager confirming players have little to no chance, what is their incentive?

Seems harsh to rub it in, as poor on the ball he was it wasn't for lack of effort. Glad he's 4th choice but he did alright second half of last season, would probably be happier I guess playing first choice CB for a championship club.

This. :thup:

He was costing us nearly a goal a game through individual errors. He's been really, really bad this season.

“I’ve now got the luxury of having four centre-halves, three of whom are really playing well. The other guy (Mike Williamson) isn’t really going to get a chance now because the other three are playing so well

“I don’t see any problem, if say, Colo (Fabricio Coloccini, Newcastle’s captain) got injured, because I could play the other two. I’ll put them all in the frame, but category one is our captain.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/02/23/alan-pardew-magpies-stronger-for-trip-to-ukraine-61634-32864262/#ixzz2LidUQPmg

They are disgusting comments which didn't need saying, the blokes a prick.  Williamson isn't the best player, none of us need reminding of that, I'm sure Williamson doesn't need reminding either.  Having said that, he's played loads of games for us when we needed him and Pardew shouldn't be saying things like that to the press.

They are disgusting comments which didn't need saying, the blokes a prick.  Williamson isn't the best player, none of us need reminding of that, I'm sure Williamson doesn't need reminding either.  Having said that, he's played loads of games for us when we needed him and Pardew shouldn't be saying things like that to the press.

Agree , Williamson has always given 100% and despite costing us due to his lack of ability at the level he is playing, shouldn't be treated in this manner.

That's a really poor thing to say from Pardew. It doesn't matter how bad he is its Pardew's job to big him up. Apart from telling Williamson he's shit he's told the 3 we have that if we have an injury they are guaranteed a place. Great man management.

Alan Pardew was, is and will always remain a complete cunt.