Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest reefatoon

Agree with Ian. It was frustration due to him being completely shown up all game. Dont think he is smart enough to think through doing it on purpose to get sent off. Just a shit tackle from a thicket wank footballler.

Only he knows if he did it on purpose. The real question is why on earth Carver played him the day after he slagged him off to the fans. Play Dummett centre half and Anita left back or back your player if you insist on playing him

I've always had some sympathy for Williamson. He's clearly not up to it at this level but because of the sheer incompetence of those running the club he's found himself as a more or less guaranteed starter. He's hardly going to go up to the manager and say thanks for the wages but I'm not really good enough to play so I want taken out of the team. For me yesterday what he did was deliberate, same as Debuchy during the 0-6 v Liverpool.

Ian Baker @ianbakersport  ·  7 min

Mike Williamson has issued a statement apologising for his sending off yesterday and denying it was deliberate #nufc

“I would like to apologise to the #nufc supporters & my fellow teammates for getting sent-off during yesterday’s game."

“There was absolutely no intent to hurt Jamie Vardy or get sent-off."

"But I recognise that I should have been more composed and measured in my determination to win the ball."

"Unfortunately, it did the one thing that I never wanted to do, and that was to hurt the team."

“I will do whatever I can to help teammates prepare for the next two games & fight to get back into the team when I’m available.

“I’ve had the honour to play for #nufc for five years now, and I can genuinely say that I feel privileged to play for this club.

"I would never do anything intentionally to hurt the team or its supporters.”

What people are forgetting is that not only did he deliberately get himself sent off but he went in rather dangerously on another player. If he's wanting to get sent off so he doesn't have to play then all he has to do is be a little mouthy to the referee or do something stupid like throw the ball away. There was no need to go in like he did, and when the ball was out of play as well. What happens if the Leicester player was seriously hurt?

It just shows how much of a selfish cunt he is, not only is he happy to just walk away and weasel out of it, but he's prepared to put someone else and their career on the line for it.

Hmmm, thing about that mike:

http://s21.postimg.org/ckftve2mf/Capture.png

What people are forgetting is that not only did he deliberately get himself sent off but he went in rather dangerously on another player. If he's wanting to get sent off so he doesn't have to play then all he has to do s be a little mouthy to the referee or do something stupid like throw the ball away. There was no need to go in like he did, and when the ball was out of play as well. What happens in the Leicester player was seriously hurt?

It just shows how much of a selfish c*** he is, not only is he happy to just walk away and weasel out of it, but he's prepared to put someone else and their career on the line for it.

Agreed. Cowards tackle. Problem is we have a team full of cowards. Hardly ideal in a relegation scrap.

Guest ElCid

Mike Williamson has issued a statement apologising for his sending off yesterday and denying it was deliberate #nufc

“I would like to apologise to the #nufc supporters & my fellow teammates for getting sent-off during yesterday’s game."

"But I recognise that I should have been more composed and measured in my determination to win the ball."

"Unfortunately, it did the one thing that I never wanted to do, and that was to hurt the team."

“I will do whatever I can to help teammates prepare for the next two games & fight to get back into the team when I’m available.

“I’ve had the honour to play for #nufc for five years now, and I can genuinely say that I feel privileged to play for this club.

If that is a true statement, then he has been told to say it which indicates to me that Carver is going nowhere - RELEGATION TIME!!!

If that is a true statement, then he has been told to say it which indicates to me that Carver is going nowhere - RELEGATION TIME!!!

Yep.

This guy has been coasting along with an easy start because he is the 'experienced' option. Was a fucking disgraceful coward yesterday and I'm glad carver called him out. If he's any kind of man he should take it and fight for his career.

Carver is still an idiot for saying this in the press mind. Might end in tears

I am not sure of that.  Carver accused him of deliberately trying to get himself sent off because he wasn't up for the battle so he is defending himself against those accusations.