Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Was impressive at this level at Watford, God knows what 5 months of being unable to play has done to him.

For those saying we could of done better get a f***ing grip. How many centre backs would come to a Championship side to sit on the bench for large chunks of the season? If he can recapture the form he showed at Watford he'll be a decent, solid, unspectacular squad signing.

No-one moaned ;)

It was a pre-emptive comment, just in case.

:laugh:

Tommy Smith weren't it? Who went to Portsmouth aswell?

f*** he'd have been ideal for us this season. Right-sided player who 'assists' for fun.

Brill, I've got a sink that needs unblocking.

Jagielka, Lescott, Johnson and Dann at Birmingham. All came up from the championship as centre backs and have done well in the prem.

Hope this works out for us too ... 

Be interesting to see how Kilgallon does. There's also Smalling at Fulham who looks promising and came straight from non-league.

The only thing that would worry me about this signing is that Pompey have dropped Mokoena back into defence at times instead of playing this lad. I suppose that could just be Paul Hart being shit though.

Isn't all this talk about bringing in Williamson as cover a bit arrogant? I would have thought as a side looking to go into the premier next season we would be looking at bringing in players who will take us up a notch. Hughton seems to like him though as I'm sure he was sniffing before he joined Portsmouth. Let's hope he knows his stuff.

Jagielka, Lescott, Johnson and Dann at Birmingham. All came up from the championship as centre backs and have done well in the prem.

Be interesting to see how Kilgallon does. There's also Smalling at Fulham who looks promising and came straight from non-league.

The only thing that would worry me about this signing is that Pompey have dropped Mokoena back into defence at times instead of playing this lad. I suppose that could just be Paul Hart being shit though.

He hasn't played because £1m of his fee is based on appearances and Portsmouth can't afford to pay any of it (apparently they can't even afford to pay the rest of the initial fee they offered for him which is due in the next couple of months, according to Watford fans anyway).

Guest sicko2ndbest

A poor mans Calum Davenport.

No.

Come on then GG give us the low down

Arrogant t***, slow, reasonable player.

Williamson not Colo, stupid :)

Oh mike ashley with all these players coming in you are spoiling us rotten.  

Anyone for a Ferrero Rocher ?

http://socialhoneycomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ferrero-rocher.jpg

I'd prefer a FERREIRA Rocher.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34rhzj5.jpg

I can't help but feel that Colo is about to leave, I wouldn't be to botherd if it was a good bid and we get a decent player in replacement. it's just after being linked with so many defenders, mainly in central defence and now buying this bloke it looks like someone, and more then likely Colo leaving.

Colo arrogant? :lol:

GG, you said Williamson was "awesome" and "incredible" before he left :)

Nolan ?

Nah seems a nice enough lad.  Carroll's not exactly quick and seems pretty arrogant, how about him?

I'm glad that we signed Mike Williamson when we did, he is awesome, Wycombe fans reckon he was better when he left than Johnson when he left them.

Don Cowie (who has done well and looks impressive for the fee) but no Mike Williamson (150kish and has been incredible). Plus the Bassong thing? Bit weird.

Mike Williamson is slightly slow, but incredible otherwise. £3M, plz.

See, search is easy to use. ;)

The only thing that would worry me about this signing is that Pompey have dropped Mokoena back into defence at times instead of playing this lad. I suppose that could just be Paul Hart being s*** though.

He hasn't played because £1m of his fee is based on appearances and Portsmouth can't afford to pay any of it (apparently they can't even afford to pay the rest of the initial fee they offered for him which is due in the next couple of months, according to Watford fans anyway).

:thup: Makes more sense than Mokoena being better than him.