Habib Beye

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Beye was very poor in his 2nd season, injuries curtailed quite a bit of that season for him but he was poor from the outset.

He was class when he moved to the centre

Our form that season would suggest otherwise.

So if you get relegated every single player has to be shit?

If that's the case then Scott Parker can hand back his trophy for last season.

They all played a part.  Beye wasn't brilliant in his final season and his form since he left would prove that his decline started that season.  Only Bassong came out of relegation season with any credit.  Rest of the team hid behind the problems off the field for their own pathetic on-field performances individually and as team.

Guest neesy111

The fact that only Duff is the only player to have left that looks decent still would suggest that those who got us relegated and left were either finished or not good enough for the premiership.

Beye was very poor in his 2nd season, injuries curtailed quite a bit of that season for him but he was poor from the outset.

He was class when he moved to the centre

Our form that season would suggest otherwise.

So if you get relegated every single player has to be shit?

If that's the case then Scott Parker can hand back his trophy for last season.

They all played a part.  Beye wasn't brilliant in his final season and his form since he left would prove that his decline started that season.  Only Bassong came out of relegation season with any credit.  Rest of the team hid behind the problems off the field for their own pathetic on-field performances individually and as team.

Agreed.

As to the topic, I was there for the Leyton Orient game and was absolutely sickened by Beyes performance in particular that day. Had absolutely no problem with him leaving after that, he clearly couldn't give two shits anymore.

/That said thought, he was great for us and I'm happy to believe he just made bad choices/was badly advised in the end.

It's not the fact they're ex-players that is the issue. For example, Aaron Hughes, Andy O Brien, Lualua etc all former players who don't get stick.

It's the fact that players like Beye, Duff and Martins were largely responsible for the demise of the club, and then f***ed off at the earliest opportunity.

The one thing I can at least say for Enrique is that he stayed when we went down.

Tbf to Oba, he did more than Owen. If only Martins had a footballing brain.....

It's not the fact they're ex-players that is the issue. For example, Aaron Hughes, Andy O Brien, Lualua etc all former players who don't get stick.

It's the fact that players like Beye, Duff and Martins were largely responsible for the demise of the club, and then fucked off at the earliest opportunity.

The one thing I can at least say for Enrique is that he stayed when we went down.

How was Beye largely responsible for our demise? He gave his all whilst playing in the Premiership for us.

I didn't say Beye himself was, I said he was part of a clutch of players who were.

I seem to remember him being in a permenent huff for months, which resulted in him forearm smashing a Blackburn player in front of our dug out. Not that attitude we needed, was it?

It's the fact that players like Beye, Duff and Martins were largely responsible for the demise of the club, and then fucked off at the earliest opportunity.

Which Lua Lua?

Lomana should get plenty of stick given the way he celebrated in front of our fans whilst an NUFC player.

Which Lua Lua?

Lomana should get plenty of stick given the way he celebrated in front of our fans whilst an NUFC player.

Erm.....Kazenga ;)

Leave NUFC for "bigger club" -> Ruin career.

Happens to a lot of people these days :snod:

:yao:

I. Quotation marks

II. Premiership Club (at the time) > Championship Club (at the time

III. You pedantic b******

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/213/760/1323220531001.jpg

Beye wasn't as good as Aaron Hughes was.

It was more the fact that he was in a bad team he stood out more.  Never really bought into the hype with him.

I personally think Hughes has been MASSIVELY over rated since he left, I liked him here but he was always decent and needed improving on. He was absolutely dog shit at Villa but has gone to a club that suits him and now looks a good player.

When he left there wasn't much uproar and it was for around a £1m so if he was rated then as he seems to be now people would have been up in arms at that price (which they weren't). I actually remember a poster called something like 'Hughes fans club' who got a fair bit of stick from the majority because of his/her unrelenting support of Hughes.

Beye wasn't as good as Aaron Hughes was.

It was more the fact that he was in a bad team he stood out more.  Never really bought into the hype with him.

I personally think Hughes has been MASSIVELY over rated since he left, I liked him here but he was always decent and needed improving on. He was absolutely dog s*** at Villa but has gone to a club that suits him and now looks a good player.

When he left there wasn't much uproar and it was for around a £1m so if he was rated then as he seems to be now people would have been up in arms at that price (which they weren't). I actually remember a poster called something like 'Hughes fans club' who got a fair bit of stick from the majority because of his/her unrelenting support of Hughes.

Thank you! Hughes was a great squad player but always needed replacing. Nail on the head. Personally thought Habib was twice the player Hughes was, offered more going forward and was much better physically in defence. The Man was a beast. Ironic it's Habib that was the one that would most regret leaving though.

Why did he always need replacing? I don't understand that at all. He went on to play consistently well at centre half in the Premier League for years afterwards. Who did we replace him with? Craig Moore? Rozehnal? Perch? A Premier League standard centre back, happy at the club, to sell him for basically nothing and for years afterwards feature inferior players in that position was something that needed doing?

Bizarre conclusion to arrive at if you ask me.

Why did he always need replacing? I don't understand that at all. He went on to play consistently well at centre half in the Premier League for years afterwards. Who did we replace him with? Craig Moore? Rozehnal? Perch? A Premier League standard centre back, happy at the club, to sell him for basically nothing and for years afterwards feature inferior players in that position was something that needed doing?

Bizarre conclusion to arrive at if you ask me.

Is he or has he ever been a top 4 defender?

What's top four got to do with it? ??? How many top four defenders did we replace him with since selling him was such a necessity?

We were far from that when Souness sold him and we haven't been anywhere near since (until now obviously).

What's top four got to do with it? ??? How many top four defenders did we replace him with since selling him was such a necessity?

We were far from that when Souness sold him and we haven't been anywhere near since (until now obviously).

He was one of those who weren't up to the quality of the rest of our squad when we were at our peak. IIRC we were constantly linked with right backs (Seitaridis, Miguel, Carr etc..) because it was thought to be one of our week areas and again iirc a lot of fans agreed with this.

We have struggled to do better than him since he left but that doesn't mean he isn't remembered more fondly than people gave him credit for while he was here.

I never said selling him was needed either fwiw.

The fact we replaced him with garbage is irrelevant. At the time to push on we would have been a stronger team with a better RB. Like Cajun says we were at a point where he was one of the weaker links in the team, he was solid backup and maybe his versatility didn't help him out in that respect. However we wanted someone classier going forward, aswell as solid in defence.

It's the fact that players like Beye, Duff and Martins were largely responsible for the demise of the club, and then f***ed off at the earliest opportunity.

He took a penalty with his RIGHT(wrong) foot in a crucial game and missed it, don't think i can let this go easily..

He took a penalty with his RIGHT(wrong) foot in a crucial game and missed it, don't think i can let this go easily..

It probably would have changed the outcome of the game (it was still 0-0 iirc against Arsenal at St. James') but he still managed to score in that game (was the equaliser).

But yes, there is the argument that if we had scored first, then we probably would have come out with a decent result. Alas wasn't to be.

Mind you, I knew after that game that we were going down.

It probably would have changed the outcome of the game (it was still 0-0 iirc against Arsenal at St. James') but he still managed to score in that game (was the equaliser).

But yes, there is the argument that if we had scored first, then we probably would have come out with a decent result. Alas wasn't to be.

Mind you, I knew after that game that we were going down.

yip remember thinking the same

• 12 years later...