Habib Beye

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

And stupid pricks like Henry Winter want him back in the England team.

Only so he'll talk to him on twitter, the exact same reason he sucks up to Barton :lol:

I thought bernard was being greedy, Saha was just on loan so the deal thing is probably quite accurate

Seem to recall Bernard wanted 25k pr week to reflect his position in the team (which would still be one of the lowest wages in the first team) and Shepherd not budging on the 20k offer he made him.

After he left and went to Rangers(?), Le Guen though he would be better if he was slimmer. and put him on a diet. To bad that he was pure muscle, and thus lost his explosiveness.

The 2002-2005 Bernard was great even though he had a few brainfarts now and again. Still only 32.

What a catastrophic decision he made. His loss.

Every player in the squad was up for sale. The ones that were in demand were sold.

Had nowt to do with the fact he acted like a ten year old in the pre-season friendlies and kicked up a massive fuss like.

Aye he went on like a knob that summer.

I thought bernard was being greedy, Saha was just on loan so the deal thing is probably quite accurate

Seem to recall Bernard wanted 25k pr week to reflect his position in the team (which would still be one of the lowest wages in the first team) and Shepherd not budging on the 20k offer he made him.

It was all down to Souness according to Bernard.

“I wanted to stay. I was enjoying my football, but it all changed very quickly. I don’t regret what happened. I left because I had to.

“The club stopped negotiating with me. Bobby got sacked, Graeme Souness came and he had completely different views. He killed the momentum and the team. He sat me down in our first meeting, said this is the contract, sign it now or you’re out.

“He said ‘I’ve got another player to come anyway, I don’t think you’re that good’. That player was Celestine Babayaro. I was really upset. I said ‘you don’t even know me, you’ve hardly seen me play.’ He wanted me out and I went.

“Everything was perfect for me, Souness ruined it. He deflated everything and everyone left. He didn’t like young players, he didn’t like difficult characters, he ruined the club.”

Guest Heneage

Proof Souness was a massive bellend.

As for Beye I don't really feel sorry for him, he made a business decision and unfortunately it has backfired massively. I'd argue he might still be in the team if he'd stuck it here. He'd have had a great year in the Championship and be idolized by most of the fans.

If there is one thing that grates on me about him, it's that he was so quick to come out and say he was going to stay and help us get back up.

If there is one thing that grates on me about him, it's that he was so quick to come out and say he was going to stay and help us get back up.

In fairness he did want to stay, then instead of keeping Shearer the board went totally silent and everyone was left in limbo (specifically poor old Chris Hughton who despite everyone's pre-conceived ideas and expectations turned us around completely). Don't blame any player for leaving the club at that stage, only feel annoyed by those who were utter rot whilst they were wearing the Newcastle shirt that relegation season.

• 2 months later...
Guest johnson293

Just 18 appearances since August 2009.

Newcastle 5th in the PL table, and he's on his way to Doncaster.

:troll: Problem habib?

Guest johnson293

It's incredible how players do after leaving us recently like, amazingly Damien Duff is pretty much the only one who's done anything. And he's shite.

Milner, N'Zogbia, Enrique

Aye, think Milner has arguably done the best, since his move to Man City, and breaking into the England Squad.

It's incredible how players do after leaving us recently like, amazingly Damien Duff is pretty much the only one who's done anything. And he's shite.

Aye, I knew I'd forgotten some. Milner has done well, N'Zogbia I would say has ended up playing for a much worse team than he expected, which is nice.

out of those only Milners really improved, I'd argue N'Zogbia is in or around the kind of level he was when he left us and Enrique hasn't really improved as of yet

Guest Geordiesned

N'Zogbia isn't first choice anymore. Only played the other night as Agbonlahor was injured.