Pick one player signed by Newcastle United for money...

Howaythelads

So right... you mean... they signed for us for a big wageslip - were shite for us - but would be good for us now?

The vast majority of players in the last 12 years probably conform to that.

No, players who were shite for us but would be TOO good for us now and wouldn't talk to the club. It's in the first post. Just read it. Even mandiarse managed it.

Sorry, grumpy arse, post amended.

So right... you mean... they signed for us for a big wageslip - were shite for us - but would be good for us now?

No, players who were shite for us but would be TOO good for us now and wouldn't talk to the club. It's in the first post. Just read it. Even mandiarse managed it.

Sorry, grumpy arse, post amended.

Nah, not edited enough. We signed a lot of very good players before Fat Ash.

I reckon if you put together all the money we spent on these players in the thread so far you'd have enough to buy the club.

We're probably still paying for half of them.

You're just grumpy 'cos you prefer a board that doesn't sign players at all.

You're just grumpy because you're always fucking grumpy.

I reckon if you put together all the money we spent on these players in the thread so far you'd have enough to buy the club.

You're just grumpy 'cos you prefer a board that doesn't sign players at all.

You're just grumpy because you're always fucking grumpy.

Now now. No need for a tantrum.

So right... you mean... they signed for us for a big wageslip - were s**** for us - but would be good for us now?

No, players who were s**** for us but would be TOO good for us now and wouldn't talk to the club. It's in the first post. Just read it. Even mandiarse managed it.

according to popular opinion at the time....duff,parker,emre.

Guest elbee909

Hughie Gallacher

If you stick to Celtic players you might have a chance of getting closer to the mark.

No idea what you're talking about re. Celtic players.  I suppose everyone who's taken a contrary position to you in the past is the same person to you.

We're almost certainly not still paying for any of them. Probably not for any player signed pre-Ashley in fact.

Great to see how well it went paying for players up front though.

Also good to see your not breaking the habit of a lifetime and are still just making shit up. You could get a job for the club.

James Milner

All that proves is that hiring the wrong manager can come back and bite you on the arse. In fact that could be said of most of the players in this thread.

Disgree with Milner, never did a bad job in a B&W shirt, just happens to be setting the world alight at Villa now

James Milner

All that proves is that hiring the wrong manager can come back and bite you on the arse. In fact that could be said of most of the players in this thread.

Disgree with Milner, never did a bad job in a B&W shirt, just happens to be setting the world alight at Villa now

He's setting the world alight due to being played for two reasons:

1) He's being played through the middle, something he wasn't given much opportunity to do here despite the fact we've had cack central midfielders for five years now.

2) He's playing in a team with balance, pace and power, not with a bunch of knackered cast offs from other clubs. Yes MON has spent money, but Milner was here when Souness and Allardyce were doling out big notes on players.

So right... you mean... they signed for us for a big wageslip - were s**** for us - but would be good for us now?

No, players who were s**** for us but would be TOO good for us now and wouldn't talk to the club. It's in the first post. Just read it. Even mandiarse managed it.

according to popular opinion at the time....duff,parker,emre.

I couldn't have made the point better myself.

(Not that I said Emre was crap like, just the other 2)

Thank you.

Hughie Gallacher

If you stick to Celtic players you might have a chance of getting closer to the mark.

No idea what you're talking about re. Celtic players.  I suppose everyone who's taken a contrary position to you in the past is the same person to you.

You've no idea what you're talking about so how would you understand what I'm on about?

I don't give a toss whether people take a contrary position to me or not.

James Milner

He's setting the world alight due to being played for two reasons:

1) He's being played through the middle, something he wasn't given much opportunity to do here despite the fact we've had cack central midfielders for five years now.

2) He's playing in a team with balance, pace and power, not with a bunch of knackered cast offs from other clubs. Yes MON has spent money, but Milner was here when Souness and Allardyce were doling out big notes on players.

He's also older now. His potential is now coming through.

He'd have stayed if the club had ambition. The owner didn't, so he left. This is something I've mentioned many times before because it's happened many times pre-John Hall and Fat Fred when the club was run by a shite Board. It's happened again with Milner.

I'm not sure Milner is actually much better than he was when he played for us... it remains to be seen if this is just an upturn in form and the effect of playing in a much better team.

Playing centrally also hides some of his weaknesses. I don't watch him enough to know TBH.

I'm not sure Milner is actually much better than he was when he played for us... it remains to be seen if this is just an upturn in form and the effect of playing in a much better team.

Playing centrally also hides some of his weaknesses. I don't watch him enough to know TBH.

No I agree with that. On the wing he's a not the quickest, but through the middle the whole pitch is opened up for him, and unlike our midfielders for instance he does like running with the ball at players. I can remember quite a few fans on this site insisted he should be given a go through the middle, Baggio for one. It's easy to forget that a lot of managers are just thick former footballers who's ability with their feet isn't necessarily matched by intelligence.