Ronaldo

lovejoy

Guest kingdawson

I liked when he called Gerrard overrated whilst conceding he's one of the best midfielders in the world in the very same sentence.

I liked when he called Gerrard overrated whilst conceding he's one of the best midfielders in the world in the very same sentence.

He said he was overrated because some regard him as the best in the world, he isn't the best. Not that fucking hard to grasp.

Guest kingdawson

He said he was overrated because some regard him as the best in the world, he isn't the best. Not that f***ing hard to grasp.

That's a weak argument. Claiming someone is overrated for simply not being the best midfielder in the world, but then conceding he's one of the best. You'd usually decribe someone as overrated if the general consensus is a certain player is good if he's only mediocre, or mediocre to poor, or very good to good.

One of the best midfielders in the world is in the same bracket as the best in the world (both being superb). So in essence he's saying Gerrard is superb but less superb than people say he is.

Ronaldo is also a nice guy, people just don't like how often he's right.

Don't know if he's a nice guy or not, but he is usually right, even if his view isn't popular. Although I reckon he was wrong about Beckford  :pow:

:lol: :lol:

Been looking after my girlfriend for the last 24 hours, so haven't been on.

He does remind me of a young Andy Cole in his intelligent running. I've posted on here before that I think he's capable of ten goals in the premiership. But in terms of touch and compsure there really isn't a comparison.

Not really that much of contradiction, people were saying he WAS the next Andy Cole. There's a bit of him in there, but he's nowhere near Cole's standard. I though I had this coming for a while btw, given the amount of people I seem to have pissed off on here.

He does remind me of a young Andy Cole in his intelligent running. I've posted on here before that I think he's capable of ten goals in the premiership. But in terms of touch and compsure there really isn't a comparison.

Not really that much of contradiction, people were saying he WAS the next Andy Cole. There's a bit of him in there, but he's nowhere near Cole's standard. I though I had this coming for a while btw, given the amount of people I seem to have pissed off on here.

To be fair it was a massive contradiction.  I know you can change you mind on things but that's not what you did.  You actually condemned people for doing exactly what you had done earlier.

:spit:

I don't think it was that massive, but I have changed my mind a bit having watched him quite closely this season. He played very well tonight though.

Nobody is having a go because you changed your mind, we all do that.  People were having a go because you said " I absolutely cringed when I folk started comparing Beckford with Cole" after you had done the exact same thing.  It's no big deal but you shouldn't have a go at others for doing the same as you.

I said Beckford 'reminds me a little' of a 'young' Andy Cole.

Jonas reminds me a little of Ginola, but I wouldn't really compare them as players. But there's a contradiction in there somewhere, fair enough.

How the fuck does Jonas remind you of Ginola? It's the hair, right?

Excellent dribbler, gets fouled an awful lot.

He's not in the same class as Daveeeeeed when it comes to dribbling with the ball. He's a good carrier of the ball, but by no means an excellent dribbler.