Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Surprised everyone is so happy.  Not that I'm unhappy or have really seen him.  But the fact he's been about so much doesn't encourage me.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I mean, just look at that Anelka, eh?

Look at that Marcus Bent.

Which just goes to prove that a player moving about a lot doesn't tell you anything about how good he is.

It indicates some sort of issue normally. Not saying I'm not happy, but people seem really thrilled and I'd genuinely like to know why, because as far as I know he's never been that great anywhere since Palace, partly hence him moving a lot and ending up at QPR.

Just caught this.

Very good news, happy about this. Looked good against us, is up there next to Guthrie in the assist table & gets the odd goal.

We might actually have two capable wingers for the first time in ages.

I'm not convinced that Simpson is really any better at RB than Raylor.

Near every time Rtaylor plays at right back we seem to concede because of him. Penalties, handballs/fouls, bad marking. Hes gives us more attacking options, but defensively hes not as good as simpson.

Wow.

Fair fucking play to all involved, fantastic signing. Made my day that has.

Aye, same here. Thought it was just one of my mates doing his weekly January piss-take "oh we've signed someone, look!".

Pace and quality on the right wing, brilliant.

Guest icemanblue

Surprised everyone is so happy.  Not that I'm unhappy or have really seen him.  But the fact he's been about so much doesn't encourage me.

Touche, sir. Still, goes to show it means nowt.

Which just goes to prove that a player moving about a lot doesn't tell you anything about how good he is.

It indicates some sort of issue normally. Not saying I'm not happy, but people seem really thrilled and I'd genuinely like to know why, because as far as I know he's never been that great anywhere since Palace, partly hence him moving a lot and ending up at QPR.

It often indicates some kind of issue yeah, just not one of quality.  All I really know about him is that he came through very young for Palace and did very well in the Premeirship which lead to the Spuds signing him.  He got a bad injury and Lennon took his place.  Then seemed to go from one Premiership club to another on loans for a while before finally going to QPR on a permanent deal where a lot of fans think he's been their player of the season so far.  That last bit is the most important thing to me though.

Guest icemanblue

Just got in and noticed this. Fucking hell, :kasper:, result! Literally aghast that we've signed a right-winger - genuinely our most needed position for strengthening in my opinion.

Better if we'd got Solano though, eh?

Just got in and noticed this. Fucking hell, :kasper:, result! Literally aghast that we've signed a right-winger - genuinely our most needed position for strengthening in my opinion.

Be quiet Johnathan.

No. ???

Guest icemanblue

Be quiet Johnathan.

No. ???

Ahhh, fuck it. Noone is biting today. Thought you might have at least, you great big wet fart.

Guest Heneage

Just got in and noticed this. f***ing hell, :kasper:, result! Literally aghast that we've signed a right-winger - genuinely our most needed position for strengthening in my opinion.

Be quiet Johnathan.

No. ???

Ahhh, f*** it. Noone is biting today. Thought you might have at least, you great big wet fart.

Oh dear. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Shut it. I remember getting a bit annoyed at people moaning we hadn't signed Nobby. I'm sure Yorkie was one of the main offenders!

Guest icemanblue

Just got in and noticed this. f***ing hell, :kasper:, result! Literally aghast that we've signed a right-winger - genuinely our most needed position for strengthening in my opinion.

Be quiet Johnathan.

No. ???

Ahhh, f*** it. Noone is biting today. Thought you might have at least, you great big wet fart.

Oh dear. :lol:

Now, now, fatty. Don't get carried away.

Wow, we're finally going to have two pacey wingers on both flanks.

The great thing about this deal is that assuming Routledge is still decent, both players are going to be good enough for Premiership football if we do achieve promotion this year.

This is really the best type of signing we can expect in our current situation - definitely good enough for the top of the Championship and possibly able to make the step up.

We're never going to get proven Prem performers in this window, so well done for getting players like this instead.