Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest guinness_fiend

Couple of encouraging things about this transfer.

1 - He wanted to join us.

2 - Hughton seems to actually know our weaknesses and be trying to address them.

3 - Hughton seems didn't just say 'we've got Pancrate for the right, that's it'... he realised we needed cover and persuaded Ashley to buy someone.

Hate to give them credit, but still.

Corrected your post (annoyingly, I know).  The gaffer deserves the credit here, methinks.  Even though he has been shown up on occasions during the course of the season for his tactical ineptitude, he has gone about his business quietly and efficiently.

wooooooohooooooo. absolutely chuffed, great news!!! this made too much sense to actually happen, but finally some good news this january. actual PACE and CREATIVITY. dunno how sad this sounds,  but this has totally made my day!

Couple of encouraging things about this transfer.

1 - He wanted to join us.

2 - Hughton seems to actually know our weaknesses and be trying to address them.

3 - Hughton seems didn't just say 'we've got Pancrate for the right, that's it'... he realised we needed cover and persuaded Ashley to buy someone.

Hate to give them credit, but still.

Corrected your post (annoyingly, I know).  The gaffer deserves the credit here, methinks.  Even though he has been shown up on occasions during the course of the season for his tactical ineptitude, he has gone about he business quietly and efficiently.

Sure you're right, but either way the club could have vetoed the signing if they considered that they had already tried to solve the RW issue. Wouldn't have been surprised if they had.

Very happy with this signing  :snod:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/96185256.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5086F550CF69A4D29D6957D258DA220C822DE9C906A6A261F

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/96185252.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5595554C26CA5BA40D6957D258DA220C8D1FAE3C86830EA1B

This is great news.  Routledge, Simpson, Jonas & Enrique give us good pace down the flanks that should open up space in the middle of the pitch.  A creative CM to manage that space would be ideal but I don't see it happening as we'd have to sell off one of Smith, Barton or Nolan to make it work.  That being said, I can us playing 4-5-1 with Barton and Guthrie in the middle and Nolan in the hole behind Carroll or Shola.  Maybe even Lovenkrands with his pace.