Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually wouldn't mind us playing 4-5-1 now.

Think it's a big possibility.

We've now got great speed down both flanks, so those can be our outlets. We already have a number of big strikers who are at least average at holding the ball up a bit. Most importantly our top scorer is a legless midfielder who doesn't do enough in the middle of the park, but is a threat in the opposition's box and so he ought to be getting as far forward a s possible.

We almost have no other choice!

Excellent, really pleased with this, gives us some much needed pace down the right, a good young hungry player added to the squad.

Well done NUFC.

I know I can't actually believe this signing. It makes so much sense. Cant be an Ashley choice, theres no good places to party around QPR.

Well done Hughton. Though we will run out of ex Spurs players he used to work with that will be good enough/want to come fairly quickly.

Excellent, really pleased with this, gives us some much needed pace down the right, a good young hungry player added to the squad.

Well done NUFC.

I know I can't actually believe this signing. It makes so much sense. Cant be an Ashley choice, theres no good places to party around QPR.

Well done Hughton. Though we will run out of ex Spurs players he used to work with that will be good enough/want to come fairly quickly.

Its certainly been a very pleasant surprise, were there any ITK's on this one ?

Intelligent signing as will be effective in the CCC at least and effectively bolsters the central midfield area by freeing up Guthrie and Barton from the right-hand side.

Its funny how attitudes change so quickly. Not long ago most people were moaning and negative after it looked like the Williamson deal was off, Harewood was crocked and there wasn't anything looking close. Now we've pulled Routledge out of nowhere, we look like we're  gonna sign Williamson and then we'll be able to put out full efforts into signing a striker to complete our squad for the rest of the season. We could still do with more depth like but realistically we're not gonna do much more than that now. These players aren't exciting names like we've been used to in the past, but at least they're a great age, hungry, proven quality in this division and they will feel they have something to prove if we go up.