Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Surprised everyone is so happy.  Not that I'm unhappy or have really seen him.  But the fact he's been about so much doesn't encourage me.

It's not like marrying a slag you know.

Worth it just to make the ginger Boro cunts head explode

:lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

Surprised everyone is so happy.  Not that I'm unhappy or have really seen him.  But the fact he's been about so much doesn't encourage me.

Same could be said for Simpson tbh.

I'm quite happy with this, i also don't know if he'll be good for the Prem, but he's good enough for the CCC, and a RM is definately what we need.

Guest icemanblue

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I mean, just look at that Anelka, eh?

happy that we've signed him ...a decent signing definitely but lets not go overboard  (though it is understandable).

Disagree, one of the positions we needed to fill most was right wing and we've signed one of the best wingers in the division.  That makes it a very good signing IMO.  To be honest he'd have been a decent signing last January.

This is just awesome. Very very encouraging stuff.

I remember saying on here a while back that he is a better winger (note: WINGER) than James Milner. Hopefully he can now prove me right.

Have bumped into him around my way a few times and he seems a pretty low key guy. Was very young when he left Palace for Spurs, and he started off very brightly there before getting a long term injury, which then gave Lennon his chance. Tottenham were pretty harsh with him (see other youngsters i.e. Boateng, Kaboul etc) when he returned and didn't really give him a chance. He was pretty down about it and it's taken him a while to get back on his feet now.

Very exciting player, especially when he is happy and confident. I think he will really like playing for Hughton, who is a calm sort and who is very loyal to his players.

He'll be great for the team imo.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I mean, just look at that Anelka, eh?

Look at that Marcus Bent.

Which just goes to prove that a player moving about a lot doesn't tell you anything about how good he is.

I remember saying on here a while back that he is a better winger (note: WINGER) than James Milner. Hopefully he can now prove me right.

Aye, and I got the blame for it.

Aye, and I got the blame for it.

:lol:

Don't worry he'll go some way to proving US right now.

:snod:

Guest johnson293

Fron the Boro forum - "Nice to see how the Jawdees have kept their interest in him quiet and then completed the deal for him very quickly, unlike us who have been linked with him for weeks and done sweet fa."

Makes a change. Love it! :snod:

Aye, pissing the smogs off is an added bonus like.

Reminds me of the Rob Lee signing, when Lennie Lawrence was so confident of getting him (Being his former manager at Charlton), then KK got him with the famous 'Toon closer to London than Boro' line.

Where will this leave R. Taylor though, there is nowhere in defense for him now assuming Simpson is the RB, Routledge on the right or midfield, pretty much makes him a sub unless he can play through the middle.

Wasn't he pretty much a sub anyway?