Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest Heneage

He's just not up to it mentally. He had the perfect build up to this year, 6 months in a top side playing well building his confidence. He's not a priority to sell but in the summer he has to go.

What's happened? Was getting some positive comments towards the start of the match.

Started off actually running at the full back which was refreshing but then it became obvious why he hasn't had confidence to do it before because I don't remember him getting a single decent ball into the box.

Won a few corners though  :celb:

What I think is strange about Routledge is that he looked like (next to Carroll) our only good offensive player against Man Utd in the first game.

Against Villa he looked very very good again. Why did he start declining after all that?

Guest marky555

I thought he done alright against City but was awful today. No confidence at all, doesn't even try to go past the full back. Embarrassing.

He seems to be at his best when he knows the full back is close to him. The little dink with the outside of the foot and runs on to it. Its when he has a load of room he struggles. He was very good today thought i thought.... apart from his final ball.