Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

This is coming from the guy who thinks Routledge is very similar to Karim Ziani, Danny Graham is more than good enough for the Premier League and that Coloccini is more suited to holding midfield than CB.

Yet I'm the one who's a poor judge of player? Whatever mate.

Both pacey wingers who can beat a defender but lack final delivery.

Danny Graham is a local lad who can finish. (something our other strikers struggle with) I'd love to see him get a chance in the prem. Not like he'll cost the earth.

Colo played excellent in the DM role for Depo. With Smith and Tiote both out, I don't see any better options.

I dunno how much you've watch of Ziani (FIFA? FM?) but he's barely comparable to Routledge. He's spent the majority of his career playing from the centre (rather than out wide), is a good dribbler of the ball, has good technique can pick a pass and has reasonable delivery from a set piece. Routledge is a kick and rush wide merchant with one trick in his arsenal and poor delivery.

Danny Graham is a decent Championship player who's having a purple spell. Who gives a fuck if he's a local lad, he's barely got the attributes to improve our strike force.

Coloccini has played about 5% of his career in central midfield in a very different league to this one. He's not got the legs to solve our midfield dilemma without Tioté but more crucially than that he's by far and away our best centre back. Moving him out of defence when him being there has been key to any success we've had is nonsensical. It's his best position.

Also, Smith is not a holding midfielder.

This is coming from the guy who thinks Routledge is very similar to Karim Ziani, Danny Graham is more than good enough for the Premier League and that Coloccini is more suited to holding midfield than CB.

Yet I'm the one who's a poor judge of player? Whatever mate.

Both pacey wingers who can beat a defender but lack final delivery.

Danny Graham is a local lad who can finish. (something our other strikers struggle with) I'd love to see him get a chance in the prem. Not like he'll cost the earth.

Colo played excellent in the DM role for Depo. With Smith and Tiote both out, I don't see any better options.

I dunno how much you've watch of Ziani (FIFA? FM?) but he's barely comparable to Routledge. He's spent the majority of his career playing from the centre (rather than out wide), is a good dribbler of the ball, has good technique can pick a pass and has reasonable delivery from a set piece. Routledge is a kick and rush wide merchant with one trick in his arsenal and poor delivery.

Danny Graham is a decent Championship player who's having a purple spell. Who gives a f*** if he's a local lad, he's barely got the attributes to improve our strike force.

Coloccini has played about 5% of his career in central midfield in a very different league to this one. He's not got the legs to solve our midfield dilemma without Tioté but more crucially than that he's by far and away our best centre back. Moving him out of defence when him being there has been key to any success we've had is nonsensical. It's his best position.

Also, Smith is not a holding midfielder.

Where have you been? Smith's been a holding midfielder for 2 seasons.

Alan Smith doesn't really have a position any more, he's just a clapped out footballer who's one step from the knacker's yard. But managers like him cos he's a good pro.

Should be chiselled into his headstone. :thup:

Genuinely interested to know what he was pre-2009 now. :lol:

Striker, then attacking midfield, then midfield, then def midfield, next will be defence, and finally a goalkeeper before he retires.

So Villa can complete a £20+ million buy in two days but we can't complete a loan deal in three days (that we know of)?

We must be waiting for somebody new to come in, especially given how quickly other loans seemed to happen this January.