Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Rather let Gosling be backup on the right side than Routledge.

Gosling on the right is not a great prospect if his Everton performances are anything to go by.

Hey ho though, let's make the team as slow as possible... not to mention increasing the chance of Smith getting games at CM.

Does seem like we must have someone in the pipeline to let Routledge leave as he is our only player aside from Jonas tha has any sort of pace. We would have nothing on the bench now in terms of pace to try and change the game or improve our game in the 2nd half. Routledge came on against Wigan and his pace was a real threat, tore their left back to pieces. Let's hope Pardew knows what he is doing and has a better quality player coming in...

Guest Stephen927

Because we need a squad of players. I'd rather play Routledge than have nobody.

But if one of those squad of players isn't good enough (which he clearly is not) then what's the point of him being there?

Because the chances of us getting anyone in to replace him are low. He's not that bad either. Would rather have him as backup and Gosling in the centre.

Not sure how you can say the chances of replacing him are low, given our cloak and dagger style of transfer negotiating.

Well we couldn't agree terms with Larsson, Bentley went to Birmingham, SWP looks like he's off to Fulham/West Ham/somewhere - drastically running out of options.

I'm not saying we won't get anyone, but like every other transfer window I don't have any faith.

I would think this means we've done a deal for someone and we are just waiting for medical or something.

Just like we had Milner's replacement ready in 2008  O0

That's got to be one of the worst comparisons ever :lol: