Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hopefully this will trigger an incoming player. Seems daft to get rid of him otherwise, especially when our squad is undermanned at best or is Pardew under orders to rid us of all things Hughton?

:lol:

Imagine all of Hughton's stuff he left behind in a bin, being set on fire by Pardew.  :lol:

I think Ronaldo hit the nail on the head the other day when he said there is about 7 players that need to go before we get rid of Routledge. So for me, giving away one of our least costly players like this just seems nonsensical - regardless of how poor he has been.

Hopefully this will trigger an incoming player. Seems daft to get rid of him otherwise, especially when our squad is undermanned at best or is Pardew under orders to rid us of all things Hughton?

Imagine all of Hughton's stuff he left behind in a bin, being set on fire by Pardew.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He hasn't been that poor though. It all seemed to hinge if he beat the full back first time or not. If he got around them first go, he'd go on to have a great game, but if he didn't he seemed to back off (and out of the game).

I think Ronaldo hit the nail on the head the other day when he said there is about 7 players that need to go before we get rid of Routledge. So for me, giving away one of our least costly players like this just seems nonsensical - regardless of how poor he has been.

Yes but them other 7 players on higher wages are a lot harder to shift.

According to the Sky website, it looks like a transfer rather than a loan.

Even better.

This, and either we have a good player coming in or Pardew has been really impressed by Gosling lately.

Guest Stephen927

But there's an opportunity now to replace Routledge with better, it just hinges on if we replace him with better or worse (or at all...). There probably isn't going to be an opportunity to get rid of the likes of Smith, unless we offer a pay-off or contracts run out.

Rather let Gosling be backup on the right side than Routledge.

Gosling on the right is not a great prospect if his Everton performances are anything to go by.

Hey ho though, let's make the team as slow as possible... not to mention increasing the chance of Smith getting games at CM.

Rather let Gosling be backup on the right side than Routledge.

Gosling on the right is not a great prospect if his Everton performances are anything to go by.

Hey ho though, let's make the team as slow as possible... not to mention increasing the chance of Smith getting games at CM.

Slow and steady wins the race, innit?

http://www.childrensmusic-stories.com/images/tort-hare.gif

Because we need a squad of players. I'd rather play Routledge than have nobody.

But if one of those squad of players isn't good enough (which he clearly is not) then what's the point of him being there?

Because the chances of us getting anyone in to replace him are low. He's not that bad either. Would rather have him as backup and Gosling in the centre.