Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Think this has been in the pipeline for a while now, which was why all our primary targets this window were RWs.

I suppose Pardew sees Gosling as an RW

he wont't but he'll see him as someone who can cover there if need be.

I like Routledge. Shame to see him loaned out, unless we're getting someone in......surely we are?

I think it's more of a reaction to us getting Gosling back and Ben Arfa back very soon.

Gosling will be mainly in CM and Ben Arfa will go LM/CAM imo. Which makes this utterly pointless if we aren't getting a RW.

This is a crazy move if we have not got someone else coming in. Personally feel Routledge gets way too much stick here, and although never hit the heights of last season, he's been a valuable member of the squad, and a bit of pace we can bring on when late in games. Gotta hope there's other stuff going on.

I like Routledge. Shame to see him loaned out, unless we're getting someone in......surely we are?

I think it's more of a reaction to us getting Gosling back and Ben Arfa back very soon.

Gosling will be mainly in CM and Ben Arfa will go LM/CAM imo. Which makes this utterly pointless if we aren't getting a RW.

gosling played wide right at everton a few times i think, also would you have liked barton wide right at the start of the season ?

agree that goslings long term position would be in the middle though.

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't think Gosling is his replacement. Gosling has said we wants to play in central midfield and rather not at right back or right wing. And if we aren't bringing someone else in, this transfer is unnecessary - we need a large squad.