Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Or Villa have been working on the deal longer than two days ???

nah thats just bruce lashing out in impotent anger

tbf, I think Villa were working on a deal with the Sunderland board and Bruce had no idea.

Quotes from Warnock, seems routledge is holding things up

"We've nothing definite yet and it's far from being finalised. The clubs have agreed but I think he has a personal issue to sort out with Newcastle."

My guess is that he knows that his replacement isn't coming in until he agrees to go - keeping wages down etc. He's bound to be generally pissed off with the situation and in the mood to play hardball with any financial settlement.

Guest Nikos34

I don't think we should be letting anyone go to be honest, especially a wide man. As frustrating as Routledge is, I think the more bodies around to compete for places the better (excluding Big Sol and Smudger of course). It looks as if he is on his way though so we must genuinely be looking to bring in a couple of fresh faces. I'd like to see LuaLua given a fair chance. He should never have been breaking his ankle playing for anyone other than us! We should start giving that lad some minutes once he's fit again.

I disagree, it seems whenever we put a player on without playing much he fails, i think letting go of players who are unable to preform at this level will give more time on the pitch for those who can, as much as i enjoyed watch Routledege play last season he's been one of our worse players this season, he needs to go so others can play.

I disagree, it seems whenever we put a player on without playing much he fails, i think letting go of players who are unable to preform at this level will give more time on the pitch for those who can, as much as i enjoyed watch Routledege play last season he's been one of our worse players this season, he needs to go so others can play.

But who are these players "who can play"? Our squad is massively thin.