Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

didnt brummie say he wasn't good enough for this level?  :iamatwat:

Nope, I said he was - based on what I saw - shit, and that's going on his substitute appearances, and reserve outings (i used to, but not so much now, pop down to watch the reserves as I work a stone's throw from both the ground, and Bescot where we used to play our reserve matches for a spell).

I've no idea if he'll do it for you at that level, but on a 3.5 year deal and you almost certainly going up, 2.5 of those years are going to be at a higher level.

Incidentally, I have no agenda with Routledge, I wish him all the best, so I'm just stating my opinion, with no malice intended towards him. Just as I was when I suggetsed Harewood would do a job in the championship, and that there was a decent player there somewhere.

He looks so quick, reminds me of Dyer in the way he seems to skip over the ground.

he does a bit actually.  I'm just so chuffed we have someone who isn't afriad to use his pace and beat his man on the right wing - and do it too.  He is very quick and he will be an effective player for us.  If we didn't sign him then I'd feel a bit worried about our automatic promotion chances.  His end product isn't perfect, but he still gets balls in roughly the right area.  His volley last night was ace!

Nope, I said he was - based on what I saw - shit, and that's going on his substitute appearances, and reserve outings (i used to, but not so much now, pop down to watch the reserves as I work a stone's throw from both the ground, and Bescot where we used to play our reserve matches for a spell).

I've no idea if he'll do it for you at that level, but on a 3.5 year deal and you almost certainly going up, 2.5 of those years are going to be at a higher level.

So you're saying we'll be so shit in his last year here that we'll be relegated in January already?

So you're saying we'll be so shit in his last year here that we'll be relegated in January already?

I think you know what I'm saying, you cheeky scampster, you!

There'll be a catch, has to be, we've seen nothing of it yet though.

As I said, I hope it works out for him.

Perhaps Hughton is getting the confidence to return in a way MON couldn't (and he  has a tendency to decide he doesn't rate players as soon as he's signed them - Shorey, for example), but from what I saw of him he was really, really poor.

Off on a tangent, talking of players we shipped out too early, Peter Whittingham is one I think was a mistake for us. He'll end up somewhere good soon enough.

Be interesting to hear Brummie's view on him other than:

Wayne Routledge is absolutely shite.

and

Same shit we said when we signed him.

'Promising young player, career back on track yada yad yada', but he was shite.

And his head is too big for his body.

brummie always laid into Reo-Coker as well which I didn't think was 100% warranted. Maybe it takes relegation and spending 6ok a week on other teams cast-offs to appreciate players values with a level head.

I appreciate you all want him to do well, but honestly, trust me, he's fucking shite.

You think Milner's crosses hit the first man all the time, at least he tried to get a cross in, Routledge is useless, if he can't knock it past the defender and beat him for pace, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

What's more, he's got a dreadful attitude, slouches around doing nothing and hiding from the ball.

When Marlon signed for you, I was quite honest in saying I tohught he'd do well at that level. Routledge won't though. He's not good enough.

Sorry.

As for NRC, can't pass three yards, blissfully unaware of the game going on around him, runs into brick walls. Has the first touch of a rapist.

Routledge is worse, though.

hmm

Wayne Routledge is absolutely shite.

and

Same shit we said when we signed him.

'Promising young player, career back on track yada yad yada', but he was shite.

brummie always laid into Reo-Coker as well which I didn't think was 100% warranted. Maybe it takes relegation and spending 6ok a week on other teams cast-offs to appreciate players values with a level head.

I appreciate you all want him to do well, but honestly, trust me, he's fucking shite.

You think Milner's crosses hit the first man all the time, at least he tried to get a cross in, Routledge is useless, if he can't knock it past the defender and beat him for pace, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

What's more, he's got a dreadful attitude, slouches around doing nothing and hiding from the ball.

When Marlon signed for you, I was quite honest in saying I tohught he'd do well at that level. Routledge won't though. He's not good enough.

Sorry.

As for NRC, can't pass three yards, blissfully unaware of the game going on around him, runs into brick walls. Has the first touch of a rapist.

hmm

Ah, there you go. My mistake.

Wayne Routledge is absolutely s****.

and

Same s*** we said when we signed him.

'Promising young player, career back on track yada yad yada', but he was s****.

I appreciate you all want him to do well, but honestly, trust me, he's f***ing s****.

You think Milner's crosses hit the first man all the time, at least he tried to get a cross in, Routledge is useless, if he can't knock it past the defender and beat him for pace, he hasn't got a f***ing clue.

Sorry.

hmm

Ah, there you go. My mistake.

Don't worry about it, calling how a player will respond to a new environment is a dark art. There was hysterical amusement from a few on here when you paid £12m for Milner but he looks well worth every penny of that this season.

There'll be a catch, has to be, we've seen nothing of it yet though.

Aye, keeping thinking that :lol:

Could be that "attitude" issues will develope after a while, he has a bit of previous in this area I think. We haven't had much of that sort of stuff from any of our players for a little while so we're overdue - mind you Barton has been out of the picture for several months.

He seems very arrogant in his play and reactions to things - like he wants all the glory. It's just a little thing I picked up watching him a couple of weeks back. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

He seems very arrogant in his play and reactions to things - like he wants all the glory. It's just a little thing I picked up watching him a couple of weeks back. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

You maybe right, I just wanted know what was driving your thoughts on that post.

Thanks.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Aye, just a bit. As long as any arrogance is backed up with ability and performances, I'll find it difficult to call the lad a 'prick'.

The majority of young footballers from the UK and Ireland do seem like they'd be absolute twats if you met them to be fair.

Young, obscenely wealthy people who've never done a day's hard work in their whole life and have probably had people hanging out of them telling them they were great since they were 10 years old don't tend to be the soundest people in the world like. :lol: