Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

There were also times, like when Guthrie gave that woeful pass to Jonas with the outside of his foot that Routledge was nowhere to be seen.  He should've been stretching their defence by getting to the touchline rather than hanging around Carroll.

He looks good at times but they are few and few between.  I think it must be a confidence thing.  :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's proving to be of championship standard. The only thing he brings to the side is width and pace but he's extremely limited. I do like how he always looks to go forward but he struggles at this level.

I never believed in this "Champinship/Premiership standard" thing untill i saw this guy play, i hate him this season even though he was one of my favorite players last year, he just seems to be mentally unable to play in this league. gives us no width whatsoever and keeps losing the ball when he has it..he can fuck off if he'll keep on playing like this.

I think he's done little wrong tbh.This vitriol is totally misguided.He started the season fairly well albeit with no support behind him,ie Perch,and has played 2 games with Simpson.And hasn't done too bad..there's been good moments in each.

same as walcott,lennon,w-phillips in fact most wingers are hit and miss

All of them are lot better than Lil Wayne. The fella has scored 1 PL goal ffs!!!! Maybe Wayne is more miss than  them that is why he has spent most of his career on loan deals or in the Championship.

He can cross...

...in the Championship.

What's the difference? It's still the same pitch and the same concept - cross a ball toward an attacker - surely crossing a ball is the same regardless of the standard of players you're up against?

He can cross...

...in the Championship.

What's the difference? It's still the same pitch and the same concept - cross a ball toward an attacker - surely crossing a ball is the same regardless of the standard of players you're up against?

The balls are more difficult in the premiership.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good game yesterday imo. One instance at 2-0 in the first half, he beat his man, ran through into space, floated a cross right on Carroll's head and really should have scored. Better option than Jonas right now

Had a good game yesterday imo. One instance at 2-0 in the first half, he beat his man, ran through into space, floated a cross right on Carroll's head and really should have scored. Better option than Jonas right now

He toasted Kolarov on a number of occasions and slung in some decent crosses - sometimes wish he would drive into the box and try a shot but seems to be a confidence player and that may come - yesterday must have given him a boost