Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

That he was satisfied with the bench. He's never going to make it in this league.

He didn't say that he was satisfied with the bench, he actually said that he didn't play as much as he would have liked.

That he was satisfied with the bench. He's never going to make it in this league.

Did you read the interview?

Yeah i quoted it too, thanks for asking. :thup:

To me, Routledge's main problem lies within something mentally. He's got the ability but there's a lack of drive there imo. He says in that interview that he was still happy at Newcastle even though he wasn't getting as many games. Maybe i read a bit too much into it (probably did!) but my general point is that i don't think he was unhappy enough, if you get what i mean. He was happy at the club, sure, who wouldn't be - but i think he should have pushed himself more to hold down a place.

I'd actually recall him at the end of the season - even though i don't think he's ever going to be a regular fixture on our teamsheet - because it'd be nice to have strength in depth for a change. I doubt we'd get any more for him than what we paid.

Dont think we're gonna keep him. How much do you think we can get? 2.5m? (at the most?)

I'd be happy with £1.5m...get back what we paid for him as I don't think he's going to do much in the premier.

Unless they give him a proper chance.

You know, rather than give him a game here and a game there and then go "Oh well, he's shit. Sell him.". They'll not get much better on the right in their first PL season.

The problem for QPR is that if they get promoted he won't be that much use to them.

If they get promoted he'll have been worth the money just like he was for us. They can always sell him to another championship club next year.

Guest neesy111

Unless they give him a proper chance.

You know, rather than give him a game here and a game there and then go "Oh well, he's shit. Sell him.". They'll not get much better on the right in their first PL season.

He started the 1st 6-8 games of the season IIRC without having much effect ???

• 2 weeks later...