Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest Mantis

He wasn't "dire" at all. He was also instrumental in getting us promoted. Why such silly vitriol?

I was referring to the prem, which is why I said he should stay in championship.  Its about opinions, I think he's poor and no coincidence he changes club every year.

Fucking disgrace he was sent out on loan in the first place so clowns like Ryan Taylor would be higher up in the pecking order.

I'd only want to sell him if we were getting something from QPR.  (Taarabt)

f***ing disgrace he was sent out on loan in the first place so clowns like Ryan Taylor would be higher up in the pecking order.

Having fun up there in cuckoo land? :lol:

f***ing disgrace he was sent out on loan in the first place so clowns like Ryan Taylor would be higher up in the pecking order.

Eh?  We offer them money + Routledge for Taarabt.  How is that far fetched?  ???

Eh?  We offer them money + Routledge for Taarabt.  How is that far fetched?  ???

Why would they sell? There is no incentive on their part, it's not like they need the money.

QPR agree Routledge fee

Warnock delighted by winger's impact during loan spell

Neil Warnock believes Queens Park Rangers have agreed a fee with Newcastle United for the permanent signing of Wayne Routledge.

The winger returned to Loftus Road on loan in January and he has scored twice in eight appearances for the Championship leaders.

Warnock has been delighted by the 26-year-old's impact since rejoining the club and hopes to persuade Routledge to sign a long-term contract.

"I think they've sorted out a realistic figure," said Warnock in the Fulham Chronicle.

"I can't give exact details, but I think we've agreed everything with the club should it go ahead.

Pestered

"I don't think there's any rush for either of us. We'd like to sign him, whatever happens, but I imagine it depends on where we end up, because I think Wayne would like to play in the Premier League. If things went wrong for us, then he'd probably go back.

"He's got to be enjoying it because of the way he's playing and we're enjoying having him. We'd love to keep him."

Warnock added: "I thought he'd do well for us. That's why I chased him for so long and talked to him so many times. Pestered him, in fact.

"It can sometimes be difficult coming back to a club, but I told him it was a lot different now and I felt the club was geared up to let him play his best.

"I thought we were a solid side and I thought you need players like Wayne to win games and I'm delighted to get him."

link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6791026,00.html

We're a much bigger club, bidding for him will make him want to leave.

We wouldn't be the only bidders, and probably wouldn't be the most attractive of his options.

So we shouldn't bid for him because "someone better will probably bid for him anyway"?  ???

Quite a defeatist attitude.

I didn't say "don't bit for him" :lol:

But when the topic of Taarabt has come up on this forum, people talk as if we just need to say "We're interested" and he's here just like that.

That's the way it is with everyone, as soon as someone's name is mentioned they are in everyones team sheet for our next match.  :lol:

Just think it would be worth showing an interest in Taarabt, especially as we have something that they want.

Guest Heneage

Really wouldn't want Taarabt the last few games I saw of him he was so frustrating from the sublime to the ridiculous and I don't think he'd get those chances in the top league.

Really wouldn't want Taarabt the last few games I saw of him he was so frustrating from the sublime to the ridiculous and I don't think he'd get those chances in the top league.

Agreed. He could be a fantastic player though  if he could learn when to pass and when to dribble. Now he's all about the latter

• 1 month later...
Queens Park Rangers are set to sign Wayne Routledge permanently after the on-loan winger had his contract mutually cancelled by Newcastle.

The 26-year-old joined Rangers on a temporary deal in January and has become an integral part of Neil Warnock's table-topping side with four Championship goals.

QPR have moved quickly to keep him at Loftus Road, with Routledge now expected to sign a four-year deal with the club who can secure their place in the top-flight with a win over Cardiff on Saturday.

The former England Under-21 international had two years to run on his contract at St James' Park but was surplus to requirements under Alan Pardew and agreed a pay-off in exchange for terminating his deal.

Full story:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23943169-qpr-to-tie-up-wayne-routledge-deal.do

Bit of a funny one. ???