Leicester City Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 30th 2010 17:20 KO Live on SKY

Fenham Mag

Leicester fans arent too optimistic of a win themselves to be honest, most are expecting a draw or a loss.

How should they be optimistic? They lost their last 3 matches in a row and we haven't lost for 13 games since October.

Hope Loven doesn't play. He is absolutely terrible, saw the palace highlights for the first time just now and any half decent striker would have buried the 2 clear chances he had in that game. Would like to see Carroll and Ranger up front with Nolan and Guthrie as CM's and Routledge and Gutierrez on the wings.

:facepalm:

Guest toonlass

Hope Loven doesn't play. He is absolutely terrible, saw the palace highlights for the first time just now and any half decent striker would have buried the 2 clear chances he had in that game. Would like to see Carroll and Ranger up front with Nolan and Guthrie as CM's and Routledge and Gutierrez on the wings.

Get to buggery! What a load of shite. Carroll was completely ineffective on Wednesday night.

Guest toonlass

Yes but the system is ineffective. Who would you play up front then?

Today? I would go with Loven and Carroll again. Carroll will only learn with games tbh, and he needs to raise his awareness of where Lovenkrands is. Lovenkrands, if started as a striker, will score as many goals as anyone else at the club imo.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Idiot, if your looking for a bite you have it fella, cleary know fuck all about the current starting line up, some people........

Lovenkrands +1 up front for me.

Which is why we really, really need another striker with a bit of pace, because Lovenkrands isn't very good in all honesty.

Still, two static targetmen up front is never a good idea.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Idiot, if your looking for a bite you have it fella, cleary know f*** all about the current starting line up, some people........

constructive, and what is it you know that i don't

Stating Loven is terrible based on a few minutes of television highlights suggest I know alot more than you!

By no means is he a world beater but he is one of the first on the teamsheet for me!

Idiot, if your looking for a bite you have it fella, cleary know f*** all about the current starting line up, some people........

Stating Loven is terrible based on a few minutes of television highlights suggest I know alot more than you!

By no means is he a world beater but he is one of the first on the teamsheet for me!

Dosent give you the right to call people idiots anyway.

Guest Kenton Magpie

oh so all of a sudden you think I agree with him? Im just stating you dont have a divine right to call people idiots, the elitism on this forum man.  :facepalm:

Lovenkrands is also one of the first names on the sheet for me, much more of a goal threat than Carroll and Ranger.

Guest toonlass

yes because 1 set of highlights is all i'm basing my opinion on  :idiot2:.

Believe me that opinion is based on plenty of matches

I think you are wrong, and I am basing my opinion on seeing him many times before he joined the toon. Lovenkrands, when played as Striker, is our best option by far.

Ranger is no snail

He's not slow, but it's his style of game that I'm talking about.

Plays his best with his back to goal, trying to bring others into the game. He's not the type who is going to hurt teams getting in behind them and running the channels. Same with Carroll, really.

Both will do better with someone quicker playing just off them.

Ranger is no snail

Plays his best with his back to goal, trying to bring others into the game. He's not the type who is going to hurt teams getting in behind them and running the channels. Same with Carroll, really.

In a recent match he skinned a defender got to the bye-line and picked out an excellent pass.  which Nolan wasted, so i would say he does have that to his game

Ranger is no snail

In a recent match he skinned a defender got to the bye-line and picked out an excellent pass.  which Nolan wasted, so i would say he does have that to his game

It's not something he does all the time though, which is my point.

His bread and butter is more playing as a proper CF. Sure he can do the other stuff from time to time, but I wouldn't want to go into a game relying on Ranger to be our main outlet for getting in behind teams up front.