Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

I think Fulham is the only club ahead of us or could potentially be ahead of us. Saying that, I don't think any of the other clubs in for him could match the fee up front like us. He's 19, i'd be willing to spend a good bit on him because 1) he could potentially be a very good player for us in years to come 2) if it all goes tits up he'll have a high re-sale value.

Okaka having a medical with Fulham, can't harm our chances.

Yeh, we're back in the race, Fulham wont be buying two forwards. They aren't exactly rolling in money.

They've just sold Smalling for a few million haven't they

Okaka having a medical with Fulham, can't harm our chances.

Yeh, we're back in the race, Fulham wont be buying two forwards. They aren't exactly rolling in money.

They've just sold Smalling for a few million haven't they

Yes, but i could imagine Fulham to be one of the clubs in debt, small attendances and some big earners on their books.

The one thing we have in our favour is that I'd think he would be given an awful lot more first team football here than at West Ham, Fulham or Wigan. We're crying out for a new forward and he fits the bill perfectly, if he went to any of them then he'd doubtless find himself in the reserves or just getting the occasional 15 mins at the end of matches.

4 months in the Championship with us in which to show what he can do as a first team regular, help get us up then start next season as a first choice forward, playing in front of 52000 in the Prem.

We'll always be a big club, Wigan never will be and the likes of Fulham will do OK until they lose Hodgson, and I'm surprised he hasn't already had a better offer after what he's done there then they'll be back to scrapping round at the bottom again. West Ham are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment and if we go up, they could just as easily go the other way and if Moses went there, he could be swapping 4 months of Premier League football for life in the Championship again.

That's my bit of optimism for the day!

I reckon he'd prefer to come here if we are serious about getting him.

I'm hoping that we are already ahead of the game in this transfer race, i.e i hope we've won the players heart. Baring in mind that SSN said that we are his "preffered choice", however things change rapidly.

Guest johnson293

I reckon he'd prefer to come here if we are serious about getting him.

I'm hoping that we are already ahead of the game in this transfer race, i.e i hope we've won the players heart. Baring in mind that SSN said that we are his "preffered choice", however things change rapidly.

Hopefully the fact that he and Palace were up here on Wednesday night has put us 'ahead of the game', as it were, if some of the earlier comments attributed to 'sources' are true (impressed by ground, crowd, etc) and that initial negotiations/sounding out was done then with player and club/adminstrators.

Guest Wally_McFool

If Moses signs for us , great, if he doesn't , never mind.

My view is that if we are going to sign this lad, the deal will already be in the bag.

Guest Geordiekev

My view is that if we are going to sign this lad, the deal will already be in the bag.

Agreed, we will have a figure to offer and if it falls short then move on, providing we seriously pulled out the stops without going overboard then fair doo, btw did Hughton look pretty smug when he was asked about the lad :snod:

Agreed, we will have a figure to offer and if it falls short then move on, providing we seriously pulled out the stops without going overboard then fair doo, btw did Hughton look pretty smug when he was asked about the lad :snod:

Not so smug now though I bet, he also looked smug on Beckford aswell.

I would love to sign him, but i think he'll find it too easy to stay in London. Granted Fulham etc are in the prem, but we have to make him see that we have every chance of joining them, and he'll be playing on a bigger stage, if so.

If Keegan was here he'd convince him Newcastle was closer to London than Fulham.

I would love to sign him, but i think he'll find it too easy to stay in London. Granted Fulham etc are in the prem, but we have to make him see that we have every chance of joining them, and he'll be playing on a bigger stage, if so.

If Keegan was here he'd convince him Newcastle was closer to London than Fulham.

I was just thinking someone like Keegan would have sold the club to the kid by now and he'd be in the bag. As it is I reckon the player wants to come but the agent is still hawking him around . If the fees higher he'll get a bigger cut.

I was just thinking someone like Keegan would have sold the club to the kid by now and he'd be in the bag. As it is I reckon the player wants to come but the agent is still hawking him around . If the fees higher he'll get a bigger cut.

Shame he never convinced Modric of the same. :(

Guest johnson293

...or Woodgate..... we (probably) dodged a bullet there though!

Doubt this is the last of prem clubs to come in for him.

Unlikely he'll come now i think, would be very impressed/suprised if he did choose to for first team football & potential of the club compared to the others.

We probably shouldn't have sent Dennis Wise to chat to him.