Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Hughton 'very keen' on Moses

"It's been documented that we are very interested in signing the lad," said Hughton.

"Most people are also aware of the circumstances with Crystal Palace and the situation they are in, and we hope to make progress on that over the next couple of days.

"It's one we have a very, very keen interest in."

Newcastle are on course for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking after an impressive Championship campaign.

They have lost just three of 26 games this season, but Hughton knows that, to keep up their impressive run, they must keep the goals coming.

The Magpies boss admits that Moses' youth makes him a more desirable target.

"He is a player who has an ability to score goals," he said. "There is a power and pace, but it is his potential.

"Around what we are trying to do here this season, which is the most important thing, there also has to be an eye on the future, and he is certainly a player of wonderful potential."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5893297,00.html?

Hughton 'very keen' on Moses

"It's been documented that we are very interested in signing the lad," said Hughton.

"Most people are also aware of the circumstances with Crystal Palace and the situation they are in, and we hope to make progress on that over the next couple of days.

"It's one we have a very, very keen interest in."

Newcastle are on course for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking after an impressive Championship campaign.

They have lost just three of 26 games this season, but Hughton knows that, to keep up their impressive run, they must keep the goals coming.

The Magpies boss admits that Moses' youth makes him a more desirable target.

"He is a player who has an ability to score goals," he said. "There is a power and pace, but it is his potential.

"Around what we are trying to do here this season, which is the most important thing, there also has to be an eye on the future, and he is certainly a player of wonderful potential."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5893297,00.html?

That just makes me want him more.

FFS!!!!  :rant:

So if we bring in this little list:

Simpson

Williamson

Van der Left back (loan)

Fizt Hall (loan)

Routledge

Moses

Then Ashley sold Colo or Jonas for £7m+ on deadline day, would people still see that as a successful window?

Jonas, yes. Colo, no.

Colo yes, Jonas no

I can't bring myself to believe this one is going to come off.

He most probably won't as he must have PL options closer to home.

If he does then great - if not it'll be like when John Salako preferred Coventry City to us. Remember that ?

John Salako failed a medical (dodgy knees if I remember) and Keegan fucked him off. That's why he is so biased against us when he is a pundit.

http://www.sportcroydon.co.uk/palacenews/Magpies-lead-chase-Moses/article-1781075-detail/article.html

Magpies lead chase for Moses

Friday, January 29, 2010, 10:24

​by Daniel Jones

CHAMPIONSHIP leaders Newcastle have made a "substantial bid" for Palace teenager Victor Moses.

Administrator Brendan Guilfoyle believes the sale of the 19-year-old holds the key to securing a safe financial footing for the Eagles.

West Bromwich Albion and Nottingham Forest have already had bids for the striker turned down and it now seems likely that the Magpies will win the race for the most sought after player outside of the Premier League.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton confirmed his interest in Moses following Palace's 2-0 defeat at St James' Park on Wednesday night and the Advertiser understands that a "substantial bid" has now been made.

West Ham are the big threat I think. They have ended their interest in signing Benjani.

I'd think they'd be after someone more proven given their pressing need for points, hence the RVN interest.

May be wrong mind.

I'd think we'd more likely face competition from Arsenal and Spurs who have history of taking punts on up and coming talent.

West Ham are the big threat I think. They have ended their interest in signing Benjani.

I'd think they'd be after someone more proven given their pressing need for points, hence the RVN interest.

May be wrong mind.

I'd think we'd more likely face competition from Arsenal and Spurs who have history of taking punts on up and coming talent.

Wenger has been quoted this morning that he is unlikely to sign anyone before Monday. Doesn't count him out completely but good news for us if true.

Spurs would be a disaster for the kid himself.

Guest Brazilianbob

The transfer market has gone just too well up to now, so I fully expect this deal to fail leaving us all very very disappointed and venting our frustrations yet again on Llambias and Ashley despite the fact they have actually made some very positive signings this transfer window.  It is the nature of the beast!

if this is gonna happen let it be now, i have to go to a funeral. does anyone wanna text me if it happens please?

Don't think it will happen till the weekend, probably not till Monday.

Administrators trying to screw as much money out for him.

Guest toonlass

if this is gonna happen let it be now, i have to go to a funeral. does anyone wanna text me if it happens please?

Don't think it will happen till the weekend, probably not till Monday.

Administraitors trying to screw as much money out for him.

That doesn't make much financial sense tbh.

Really don't think we will pull this one off but fair play to Hughton for at least trying to sign the right players to improve us. I just think someone will nick in and get him. Would fucking love it if we got him and actually had some pace going forward. Was over the moon with routledge, williamson looks good and I think our team has improved just by signing them two. Would have liked us to get a centre midfielder with energy but I think we will get by if we can get this sorted. Then concentrate on centre midfield and up front in the summer