Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Newcastle United are set to make an improved offer of £2 million this afternoon for Crystal Palace forward Victor Moses to stave off competition from promotion rivals West Bromwich Albion, and Nottingham Forest,  Vital can confirm.

United's rivals have already tabled bids of £1.5m and £1.8m for the talented 19-year-old, and the Toon are now prepared to up their initial offer of £1.5m to a much more substantial bid.

That is very cheap seeing as though we paid £5 million for Jenas when he was 19.

jenas had been a first team regular for a while and had even captained forest (i think)

anyhoo....why the auction, (according to vital)......surely even if we offer the least but the player wants to come here the administrators have little choice ?. needf to work on the player more than the fee at this stage if true we've already been in contact with him.

That is very cheap seeing as though we paid £5 million for Jenas when he was 19.

Forest weren't in administration though. I've no doubt Moses would go for more if Palace had any bargaining power whatsoever here but they don't, they need to sell him quickly or go out of business.

Guest johnson293

Think I'm gonna try and ignore this one till monday, and see what happens with it - especially with all these conflicting rumours/stories coming out.

Just hope we are still working on other option(s), incase this one doesn't happen.

Guest antz1uk

I can't bring myself to believe this one is going to come off.

He most probably won't as he must have PL options closer to home.

If he does then great - if not it'll be like when John Salako preferred Coventry City to us. Remember that ?

what? john solako was all but signed until the deal with PSG for geourge weah went pear shaped and they sold him to ac milan and offered us ginola as a sweetener, sory but solako never turned us down, in fact i remember he was very bitter at the way we dropped him like a lead baloon in favour of ginola