Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

actually, i wouldnt put it beyond DW to do it to spite Ashley and NUFC tbh

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

The view of a fan from another small town club is hardly likely to be relevant.

;D

It will say alot about Ashley if he allows Whelan to win the battle without a fight.

i'm not sure i want the club to be ran on the premise of out doing a different club no matter what the issue. we should be looking after ourselves and forgetting about the fortunes of every one else.

We have a very small number of young players who are available at the right price so to follow Arsenal's blueprint I would have thought Ashley would have tried a bit harder to get Moses for what is still a knockdown price. It's simple good management of your club.

Totally agree and the way Cashley operates he would sell his investment for a profit further down the line but the problem is we cannot match the so called asking price which is our main problem and so frustrating and this could be another fine prospect who we miss out on .

why ?

i'll guess he sees west brom as being below wigan in the pecking order.

I think everyone realises we stand exactly 7 places below Wigan, thanks for that info like.  Next season we'll stand places above them no doubt, but of course a few months seems to far ahead for some people to see.

Too many are looking at this with black and white tinted specks on, career wise it's an absolute no brianer.

Yep, be involved in a nasty relegation battle at a club that likely have 4 months left in the Premiership and will then disapear without a trace.  Or be involved in a promotion push where he can establish himself and continue to improve followed by a full season in the Premiership at a much bigger club, I agree its a no brainer.

You are not promoted yet, you may not be this season, I understand its a hard adjustment to make, you are a big club with fantastic support, but at the moment you are not competing with Wigan, they are a class above you!

I think everyone realises we stand exactly 7 places below Wigan, thanks for that info like.  Next season we'll stand places above them no doubt, but of course a few months seems to far ahead for some people to see.

You're more confident than me like :lol:

why ?

We are!

Too many are looking at this with black and white tinted specks on, career wise it's an absolute no brianer.

Yep, be involved in a nasty relegation battle at a club that likely have 4 months left in the Premiership and will then disapear without a trace.  Or be involved in a promotion push where he can establish himself and continue to improve followed by a full season in the Premiership at a much bigger club, I agree its a no brainer.

You are not promoted yet, you may not be this season, I understand its a hard adjustment to make, you are a big club with fantastic support, but at the moment you are not competing with Wigan, they are a class above you!

This is something that many on here are still struggling to come to terms with.

Honestly, I too see Wigan as above you in the pecking order at this point. Plus it is obvious he doesn't need to take the long-term view (it would surprise me if Wigan got relegated in the next two years anyway, way crappier teams in the league) since Wigan regularly sells their best players season after season.

Can we get this guy banned? He's blatantly a WUM.

We're still not the best prospect in the world, we struggled to attract players in the summer and matters off the pitch haven't really changed at all. We still have an owner who will flog at the first sign of someone meeting his asking price, no proper manager and rumours of players running the dressing room. Yeah Wigan aren't the ideal club but they've got a stable structure and as many of said he'll give himself a chance to show what he can do at the highest level, thus advertising himself to the big boys. Martinez also has Wigan playing much, much better football than ourselves, career wise its an absolute no brianer.

To quote part of my earlier post. It's hardly a certainty Wigan will go down either.

They are a league above actually but hopefully only for the next four months.

This is something that many on here are still struggling to come to terms with.

Who are u quoting there in ur sig JH?

why ?

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

why ?

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

i wouldn't think so.

But on the local front there is only SAFC & Bruce has now got them going in the right direction. Everyone local to your lot bar Walsall is a class above your lot, now that must really hurt.

What has he said wrong there? We are in the championship, they are in the premiership. That is a class above us at the moment.

You're more confident than me like :lol:

Obviously I am yeah :lol:

Err he's right? :lol:

Bit difficult to compete when we aren't in the same league, Wigan will be in the Prem for a few seasons but at some point they'll go down and won't come back up, they dont have a big enough fanbase.  Leeds for example will eventually get back to the prem and may take them a few seasons of yoyoing but eventually will again become an established Prem Club.  Us and leeds will be in the top flight more often than Wigan will in the next 30 years.  I'd bet 10 grand on it.

They have less points now then we had at the same time last year and if they go down I don't see them being able to come back considering how small a club they are.  Sorry but I disagree with you.  IMO the team at the very top of the Championship isn't that far behind the teams at the bottom of the Premiership and considering we're a much bigger club I don't see the massive gap.

Bit difficult to compete when we aren't in the same league, Wigan will be in the Prem for a few seasons but at some point they'll go down and won't come back up, they dont have a big enough fanbase.  Leeds for example will eventually get back to the prem and may take them a few seasons of yoyoing but eventually will again become an established Prem Club.  Us and leeds will be in the top flight more often than Wigan will in the next 30 years.  I'd bet 10 grand on it.

Thanks Mystic Meg.

What has he said wrong there? We are in the championship, they are in the premiership. That is a class above us at the moment.

You do realise there are 24 different places in the Championship and 20 different places in the Premiership?  Wigan are a little bit ahead of us at the moment due to currently being in the Premiership.  But that doesn't mean a player wouldn't consider the future and come here instead.