Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

You are not promoted yet, you may not be this season, I understand its a hard adjustment to make, you are a big club with fantastic support, but at the moment you are not competing with Wigan, they are a class above you!

Very fair assessment  :thup:

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

The view of a fan from another small town club is hardly likely to be relevant.

why ?

i'll guess he sees west brom as being below wigan in the pecking order.

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

i wouldn't think so.

Really? Wigan have established themselves it the league for a few years now, Wba normally finish between 19th and 22nd in the league ladder...a very lucky 17th being their best in the last decade.

Guest Geordiekev

Too many are looking at this with black and white tinted specks on, career wise it's an absolute no brianer.

Yep, be involved in a nasty relegation battle at a club that likely have 4 months left in the Premiership and will then disapear without a trace.  Or be involved in a promotion push where he can establish himself and continue to improve followed by a full season in the Premiership at a much bigger club, I agree its a no brainer.

You are not promoted yet, you may not be this season, I understand its a hard adjustment to make, you are a big club with fantastic support, but at the moment you are not competing with Wigan, they are a class above you!

This is something that many on here are still struggling to come to terms with.

Agreed it drives me fucking mad hearing the same shit day in day out, some speak as though we owned the prem and now our divine right to own the Championship.. get a reality check ffs.

It's such a shame we all can't just eat humble pie and accept that we have been failing for years, we should now be a little more confident but certainly not be big headed looking at other clubs as "nothing clubs".

Too many are looking at this with black and white tinted specks on, career wise it's an absolute no brianer.

Yep, be involved in a nasty relegation battle at a club that likely have 4 months left in the Premiership and will then disapear without a trace.  Or be involved in a promotion push where he can establish himself and continue to improve followed by a full season in the Premiership at a much bigger club, I agree its a no brainer.

Can we get this guy banned? He's blatantly a WUM.

What has he said wrong there? We are in the championship, they are in the premiership. That is a class above us at the moment.

You do realise there are 24 different places in the Championship and 20 different places in the Premiership?

and?  ???

It's all about perception. For some Wigan is a step up, for others like me, Newcastle, Arsenal or even Leeds are what it's all about. Fair play to the Bolton lad for sticking up for his little club, shame so many Newcastle fans are willing to agree with him.

It's all about perception. For some Wigan is a step up, for others like me, Newcastle, Arsenal or even Leeds are what it's all about. Fair play to the Bolton lad for sticking up for his little club, shame so many Newcastle fans are willing to agree with him.

i thought he was a baggie for some reason.

the perception is that if i werent a newcastle fan and had to choose what would be best for my career, newcastle or wigan, right now i'd choose the jjb.

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

why ?

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

i wouldn't think so.

Based on what?  West Brom have came up and straight back down again last time out.  Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership for a few seasons and did actually do reasonably well under Bruce.

why ?

i wouldn't think so.

Based on what?  West Brom have came up and down straight back down again last time out.  Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership for a few seasons and did actually do reasonably well under Bruce.

based on that well argued thing of whom you view to be the bigger club. fan base,history etc in which case everyone has their own criteria.

Guest Geordiekev

I know your way of thinking about big support etc and if there were points for the best ground and biggest capacity then we would be right up there with Arsenal, Man U, Leeds etc but sadly for us points are dished out for winning games; we all know we done well filling the ground last season but shite at winning when we needed too.

Our time to buy players like Moses was in the summer transfer window last season when we could have been a club pushing for survival/mid positions but off field events and a dickhead put pay to that, so now we have to musta everything we have to scrape through this season and get back amongst the big boys. Christ look how far we have falling from grace over the years, we struggle to get a 2.5m striker and the mackems are talking about Robbie Keanne.