Points target

Rob W

WBA will go through a bad patch just like we are, we'll both go up though. Who cares in what position.

We already have, but I expect us to dip in the next few games, too may games, too many players out through injury or suspension.

The Championship season is won or lost in March and April not January, February. Forest losing ground is a big bonus though!

Just seen that our form over the last 8 games puts us at 13th in the league.

Our away form puts us at 16th. With 4 draws and a loss out of the last 5.

All these consistant draws arent doing us to well. We'd have done better to have lost most of them and won a couple.

Woeful performance yesterday, but a vital point. Granted we are stuttering at the moment, but of 6 league games this year, 4 have been against top 6 teams, and we haven't lost to any of them. Of those top 6, i think we've only Forest left to play. We've 9 home games and 7 away. I'd like to think winning our home games will be enough to go up automatically.

We've been let off the hook by Forests timely downturn too.

Woeful performance yesterday, but a vital point. Granted we are stuttering at the moment, but of 6 league games this year, 4 have been against top 6 teams, and we haven't lost to any of them. Of those top 6, i think we've only Forest left to play. We've 9 home games and 7 away. I'd like to think winning our home games will be enough to go up automatically.

I wouldn't want to rely on us winning all of our home games because the way we play that is unlikely. All the more reason every point away from home might prove crucial.

I wouldn't want to rely on us winning all of our home games because the way we play that is unlikely. All the more reason every point away from home might prove crucial.

Agreed -  we have drawn 2 or 3 games at home that we should have won.

We've taken 37 points out of 45 from our home games...

It's our away form that needs sorting out. If we win 4 more away from home we'll win the league. 

Boro away is our hardest game left imo. I actually think they'll pick up more points between now and May than Forest will.

Strachan's brought in reasonable players that he trusts and work for him. They'll probably have a good second half to the season, i agree.

I know it's tempting to try to work out how many points we're going to finish on but we can't do fixture lists I'm afraid. Or anything that looks like a fixture list. Sorry.

Pardon my ignorance, I seem to remember things about fixture lists not being allowed on a forum a few years ago, but are they copyrighted or something?

Seems odd, nothing even remotely like that in the States.

I know it's tempting to try to work out how many points we're going to finish on but we can't do fixture lists I'm afraid. Or anything that looks like a fixture list. Sorry.

Pardon my ignorance, I seem to remember things about fixture lists not being allowed on a forum a few years ago, but are they copyrighted or something?

Seems odd, nothing even remotely like that in the States.

Yes, you need a licence for them.

I posted this on a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2217/11089657.png

Average 1st place:    94.2

Average 2nd place:  87.2

Average 3rd place:    82.4

Conclusions? Going from the last 10 seasons, 83 points is usually enough to finish above 3rd and hence get promoted.

Playing it safe (say, 86 points) means we need 26 points from 16 games....7 wins, 5 draws, 4 defeats.

I'd be very confident about reaching that (despite recent performances). All it needs is a similar 5 or 6 game streak to November/December and we're nearly there.

Also, the trend suggests less points are needed each year, probably due to the teams being of more equal ability.

.....sorry for the repetition. its probably better suited for here anyway  :laugh:

I posted this on a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2217/11089657.png

Average 1st place:    94.2

Average 2nd place:   87.2

Average 3rd place:    82.4

Conclusions? Going from the last 10 seasons, 83 points is usually enough to finish above 3rd and hence get promoted.

Playing it safe (say, 86 points) means we need 26 points from 16 games....7 wins, 5 draws, 4 defeats.

I'd be very confident about reaching that (despite recent performances). All it needs is a similar 5 or 6 game streak to November/December and we're nearly there.

Also, the trend suggests less points are needed each year, probably due to the teams being of more equal ability.

.....sorry for the repetition. its probably better suited for here anyway  :laugh:

Marvellous use of excel.

looking at wba fixture list, 15 games inc sundays vs bc.

I see 13 wins for them and 2 draws.  Cant see anyone beating them.....swansea might but probable draw.

being hopeful...11w 3d 1L  =36pts.+60=  96

Which means we need another 30pts for 1st place....10wins in 14 games.(9w+5d 0L should do)

Personally i think forest will come 3rd.

if wba lose more than 3 before apr then its probably all over, if jonas stays fit till may !

[we need min of 3 away wins]

I see 13 wins for them and 2 draws.  Cant see anyone beating them.....swansea might but probable draw.

Which means we need another 30pts for 1st place....10wins in 14 games.

if wba lose more than 3 before apr then its probably all over, if jonas stays fit till may !

your bound to get the odd game where they unexpectedly drop points, as will we.

Which means we need another 30pts for 1st place....10wins in 14 games.

your bound to get the odd game where they unexpectedly drop points, as will we.

Probably sooner than you think.

Amazed at this post! Were you really thinking we wouldn't drop any points? Even great sides get 2 or 3 unexpected home draws.

Amazed at this post! Were you really thinking we wouldn't drop any points? Even great sides get 2 or 3 unexpected home draws.

It's our tactics, and therefore form, away from home which are the biggest threat. However, as good as our home form has been, we've still thrown some points away.