Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Williamson looks good but very slow.

Aye he got shown up when Fryatt turned him like. But thanks to Taylor, he was our centre-back on the wing just over the centre-circle. Looks like a really decent player. :thup:

Williamson looks good but very slow.

He's made a few errors today, but certainly looks better than everyone else.

agreed

We've been dreadfull so far like. No energy, no creativity, this reminds me of much of last seasons performances but only against worse opposition without that cutting edge.

Hope Hughton goes 4-4-2 and exploits the space. Bring Jonas out wide left for Smith and move Guthrie into the middle. Bring Lovenkrands upfront for Nolan. Give's us more pace to exploit their 10 men.

I can see us going on to lose this if he dosent change things like.

Smith is thick as pig shit and has no understanding of the role he is playing.

With Butt it looks like everyone else is playing in HD while he is stuck on some dodgy Iraqi internet stream.

Nolan invisible.

Guthrie is a 5 a side player who plays in the same 20 yard zone in the centre of the pitch. get a couple of these dickheads off the pitch and bring some width and pace on.

And if a NUFC player had done what Wellens did, I'd be fuming :lol:

The second yellow was very soft, I'd be gutted if we had lost a player for that, still, we needed it.

regardless of the challenge if i was the ref i'd send him off for being such a stupid cunt, pulling back a player when there's cover five yards away and you're already on a yellow. i'd be kicking his arse all the way off the pitch if i was pearson.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

meh Williamson is making me nervous.  Watching him get torched with Ryan Taylor on the great Fryatt run sprouted a few grey hairs on my head.

Thing is, you don't have to play 4-5-1 and be mega defensive. We could have gone with Ranger up top with Jonas and Routledge on the wings and taken the game to game very effectively.

I know people aren't entirely sure about Carroll right now, but he isn't the big problem. The big problem is that poor excuse of a midfield.

I'd have been happy enough with    Guthrie   Smith  Nolan

Jonas   Carroll    Routledge

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson's been pretty solid- He looks pretty strong and good in the air, sensible enough, agree with the slowness though. However, he wouldn't be put in those situations if we didn't needlessly give the ball away all the time.

And if a NUFC player had done what Wellens did, I'd be fuming :lol:

The second yellow was very soft, I'd be gutted if we had lost a player for that, still, we needed it.

regardless of the challenge if i was the ref i'd send him off for being such a stupid cunt, pulling back a player when there's cover five yards away and you're already on a yellow. i'd be kicking his arse all the way off the pitch if i was pearson.

Could've easily gone off for the first challenge to be fair the dorty bassa

Smiths been worse than Butt.

Nolans been non existent yet again, literally never touches the ball.

Butts just poor in general & tries to much. Hes been better than both of the above at the same time.

Butt has been missing pases aimed at teammates 5 yards away from him. His tackles have actually helped the opposition dribble past him.

Other than scoring spectacular own goals from the half way line, I don't know how Butt can actually get any worse. I guess you could argue that that's a positive.

Thing is, you don't have to play 4-5-1 and be mega defensive. We could have gone with Ranger up top with Jonas and Routledge on the wings and taken the game to game very effectively.

I know people aren't entirely sure about Carroll right now, but he isn't the big problem. The big problem is that poor excuse of a midfield.

I'd have been happy enough with Guthrie Smith Nolan

Jonas Carroll Routledge

Carroll doesn't move. He loiters around the D sometimes winning 'headers'. It's as if that's the only way he wants to receive the ball, and i suppose i can understand that when you look at the couple of occassions when he did come a bit deeper. Just so wasteful. He's been absolute toss today and, generally, he's in rotten form.

Take Carroll off and lets play the ball on the ground instead of aiming at Carolls head for strategy! Butt needs a shower as well so we actually can take advantage of the extra player. Bring on Löven and Jonas.

Carroll is one of the worst target men I can remember seeing for us, utter drivel.  Either cross the ball to his head whilst he's in the box or there's no point in having him on the pitch at all.

The less said about Butt & Nolan the better, they'd struggle to find space if you shoved them out of a rocket half way to the moon.

Leicester City : 1 player sent off (-1) = 10 players playing

Newcastle Utd : Butt playing (-2), Nolan invisible (-1) = 8 players playing

no wonder we are getting fxxxed..

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Hope Hughton goes 4-4-2 and exploits the space. Bring Jonas out wide left for Smith and move Guthrie into the middle. Bring Lovenkrands upfront for Nolan. Give's us more pace to exploit their 10 men.

I like this, but switch Smith with Nicky Fooking Butt

I'd have been happy enough with    Guthrie   Smith  Nolan

Jonas   Carroll    Routledge

Carroll doesn't move. He loiters around the D sometimes winning 'headers'.

But that's not the reason we're not winning.