Twitter

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Theres a bit off a hoo-hah going on between Rio Ferdinand and Ollie Holt from the Daily Mirror. Tonight, Holt posted a column about Rio’s drugs test fiasco from years ago:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Oliver-Holt-column-How-Manchester-United-Rio-Ferdinand-furious-foul-mouthed-rant-at-me-at-Wembley-shows-he-STILL-doesn-t-get-the-point-about-missing-drugs-tests-article745384.html

His point being that missing a test is just as bad as failing one and he should’ve had the same ban as Kolo Toure got (which he did, but he thinks they both should be longer). Rio sent Holt a direct message (‘DM’) telling him to say it to his face, which Holt did at Wembley on Saturday. They almost got into a scuffle and it’s spilled onto Twitter....

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: Column on @rioferdy5, Mixed Zone and secret Twitter messages on Mirror website soon

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt:Here's @rioferdy5 opening gambit sent by DM "You fat prick, u got something to say about me missing a drugs test say it when u see me."

rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand: @henrywinter shaun Custis @DiscoMirror etc and you wonder why a lot of players don't trust or speak in depth to journalists....

rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand: Are DM's private?! A player + a journo falling out is nothing new but stooping this low speaks volumes of the person your dealing with!

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: One other thing about @rioferdy5 and his obsession with fat people. Doesn't the guy own an Italian restaurant? What do they serve? Salad?

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: Got to love @rioferdy5 whingeing and whining about this DM business. And @henrywinter too, for that matter. Not like it was any big secret.

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: And by the way @rioferdy5 if you're interested, @henrywinter was appalled by your DM as the rest of us were laughing about it. Retweet that

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: Debate is actually about drug testing and the need to observe the rules if sport is to have any chance of staying clean

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt: Funny thing about @rioferdy5 whining about DM is he said almost exactly the same to me in Mixed Zone - in front of a crowd of journalists

Cue a debate on whether direct messages should be kept private. He chats with a lot of people after this, but nothing directly to Rio.

Whenever you talk to a Journo, its never 'off the record'. Rio fell into the trap.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Photo of Rooney and Carroll chillin on rooneys twitter

http://a.yfrog.com/img620/7797/hzeof.jpg

:thup:  :lol:

You just broke my computer screen :(

Guest bimpy474

Photo of Rooney and Carroll chillin on rooneys twitter

http://a.yfrog.com/img620/7797/hzeof.jpg

:thup:  :lol:

You just broke my computer screen :(

I swear them two knocked on my door today trying to sell me some pegs  :angry:

Whenever you talk to a Journo, its never 'off the record'. Rio fell into the trap.

Sending such an abusive message and expecting it to stay private is beyond naive. Wouldn't really classify that under Holt setting up a trap.

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

After 13yrs Kenny Dalglish has finally agreed to pay £55m (Henderson/Carroll) damages to N East football for his disastrous stint at #nufc

:lol:

Guess that's one good thing I suppose, meh. :laugh: