Twitter

Thespence

No nothing about Twatter so I have a question (although I suspect I know the answer)

Can anyone set up an account under any name? and just "pretend" to be them?

i.e; Could I set up say: AlanShearerNumber9 or the like and just pretend to be him?

Seems retarded that (if it's the case, which I suspect it is)

Guest johnson293

No nothing about Twatter so I have a question (although I suspect I know the answer)

i.e; Could I set up say: AlanShearerNumber9 or the like and just pretend to be him?

Aye, basically.

You can get 'verified' which puts a small green tick next to the name, and I think this involves some sort of proof being sent to Twitter. That's how you can generally tell who's are real.

Yes. That's why they introduced 'verified' accounts. So when the real person signs up, they verify that it really is them (not sure exactly how that works) and then Twitter will put that they're a verified 'celebrity' on their account.

Or you can read johnson's post above. :okay:

Yes. That's why they introduced 'verified' accounts. So when the real person signs up, they verify that it really is them (not sure exactly how that works) and then Twitter will put that they're a verified 'celebrity' on their account.

Or you can read johnson's post above. :okay:

Twitter contact them or a representative through the contact info given when they ask to be verified to verify it's them.

Cheers

Must say I think the whole Twattersphere thing is f&cking retarded anyway, but was just curious.

Oh, look at me, look at me, I'VE got 2 trillion followers on Twitter, Pathetic.

Joey Barton is the stand out example.

Think the Twitter thing is helping to drive his head further up his own arse (if that's even possible)