This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100201/deadline-day-deal-united-bag-best_2240137_1951679

Best has already netted nine Championship goals from 15 outings for The Sky Blues this season and was part of the side beaten 2-0 by United at the Ricoh Arena in December.

Confused by this. Wiki has him with 15 games. Soccernet says hes played 26 games in the championship & started 24 & lists all of them. Tell me they havent signed him based on his wikipedia entry.

:lol: 27 games from what i can tell

Not scored a league goal since November, 2 since October. :hmm:

only 2 goals in the whole of last season, too. looks like the scoring earlier in the season was a bit of an untypical purple patch.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100201/deadline-day-deal-united-bag-best_2240137_1951679

Best has already netted nine Championship goals from 15 outings for The Sky Blues this season and was part of the side beaten 2-0 by United at the Ricoh Arena in December.

Confused by this. Wiki has him with 15 games. Soccernet says hes played 26 games in the championship & started 24 & lists all of them. Tell me they havent signed him based on his wikipedia entry.

only 2 goals in the whole of last season, too. looks like the scoring earlier in the season was a bit of an untypical purple patch.

2 goals in 31 games. :facepalm:

2 goals in 31 games. :facepalm:

Yeah but there's no hype so he must be good.

Stupid giving him a 3.5 year contract. My mate who's a Cov fan says "very hit and miss but when he's good he is certainly one of the best at champ level. Miss from 2 yards out but then pull a ball out the sky and rifle one home from 30 yards"

Our new Martins probably?

Our new Luque more likely..

Why? Do you think he will almost never play and almost never score?

Thats exactly what I think yes.

Would rather have Chopra.

We've most likely got Leon Best for half a million.

We would've had to bid atleast £4 million for Chopra.

Spending money is bad! We don't want to be another Portsmouth; signing players for £4m is basically asking for administration. :pow:

Would rather have Chopra.

We've most likely got Leon Best for half a million.

We would've had to bid atleast £4 million for Chopra.

Spending money is bad! We don't want to be another Portsmouth; signing players for £4m is basically asking for administration. :pow:

Totally agree, dont ever want to be successful and skint like Man utd give me long ball championship dross any day. Ask any of their fans and they wish they were outbid by wigan for an unproven english striker, rather than kicking arsenals arse...

Looking forward to seeing this guy for myself tbh. No good bashing the guy before he's even pulled on a Toon shirt.

At the end of the day as long as he's got a bit of pace he'll be another option if Loven is out - at the moment he is our only forward with pace and, you never know, he might just step up to the plate if he's got the opportunity. We'll see I suppose. Better than nee fucker at all.

Looking forward to seeing this guy for myself tbh. No good bashing the guy before he's even pulled on a Toon shirt.

At the end of the day as long as he's got a bit of pace he'll be another option if Loven is out - at the moment he is our only forward with pace and, you never know, he might just step up to the plate if he's got the opportunity. We'll see I suppose. Better than nee fucker at all.

From what I've read he's pretty immobile. I think people just assume he has pace because he's a black guy.

The key question is whether or not he's any better than Harewood, because that's who we'd have gone back to.

From what I've read he's pretty immobile. I think people just assume he has pace because he's a black guy.

The key question is whether or not he's any better than Harewood, because that's who we'd have gone back to.

Very true. In which case I hope he's just able to be in the right place at the right time. Will probably help having a little more creativity on the right wing - here's hoping.

To me, it does seem a strange one. Of course, I'll give him a chance, but it seems to me we now have 5 strikers all quite similar in terms of 'putting ball in goal' ability.

Yep would agree with that, and arguably all are 4th choice prem strikers.

To me, it does seem a strange one. Of course, I'll give him a chance, but it seems to me we now have 5 strikers all quite similar in terms of 'putting ball in goal' ability.

Aye. Say what you like about Beckford being in a lower league, but at least he's scoring like fuck and has done pretty consistently for the last few seasons. We appear to have bought this guy just hoping he finds the form he had in September 2009. :undecided:

Unfortunately all the good goalscoring strikers for this league were only available last summer. Club's don't want to sell their goalscorers in the January transfer window.

Therefore any failure to be promoted due to lack of goals can be pinned firmly on Ashley's shoulders for his refusal to take responsibility for footballing matters last summer.

Sounds like Hughton has bought in the best striker he can get. Sadly, I think he's done what other managers would have not done in the past - got a player for the sake of it.

I think he's made the wrong call. This transfer is not going to benefit us.