This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

I quite pleased with this signing. Someone up front with more pace than any of our current strikers and more goals in a poor side. Sounds good enough to me.

I would love a centre midfielder but it isn't going to happen. I have been really pleased with the way this transfer window has gone.

Is he faster than the Love?

He doesn't look particularly pacey on the Youtube clip. Similar to Carroll I would say, maybe a bit quicker.

Cheers mate, I searched for Leon Best and this was the second result down.  Much happier now. :thup:

[flash=200,200]

Let's give the lad a chance.

Remember Sibierski ?

Anger and doom, and he did the buisness well enough.

Last season for Coventry, 31 league appearances, 2 goals. That's terrible. :undecided:

Very true, That said, no-one did much at Coventry.

Lets give him a chance.

Tbh (I don't know Best so hardly can make a judgement) I would have rather signed an experienced striker on loan (someone like Vaughan from Everton or someone like that) and signed a striker on a permanent deal in the summer if we would get better players.

Good signing. On the topic of the number 9 shirt it really should be retired imo.

we should at least retire the no.9 myth.

Aye, we've had some good no 9s but only 2, 3 if you count Supermac who were outstanding wearing that number. Don't know if Hughie Gallagher wore that number or not.

nobody wore numbers then.

Really? Seems unthinkable when you when you look at all the ridiculous squad numbers they have nowadays. Saw Bendtner wearing 52 for Arsenal yesterday  :facepalm:

William Gallas is number 10 for them, too.

Aye thats daft as well. Geremi's number for Ankaragucu is canny though as someone already mentioned :lol:

whys it daft.

i remember ardiles wearing no.1 in argentina '78

I'm a traditionalist. Should always be

GK 1

RB 2

CB 5

CB 6

LB 3

RM 7

CM 4

CM 8

LM 11

CF 9

CF 10

imo anyway.

If you were a traditionalist it would look nothing like that.

Thats what I've always known as standard. Not going back as far as all the inside left  stuff from ages ago. Willing to accept that Keegan wore 7 but that was always his number. Wouldn't be right if he didn't wear it.

Tbh (I don't know Best so hardly can make a judgement) I would have rather signed an experienced striker on loan (someone like Vaughan from Everton or someone like that) and signed a striker on a permanent deal in the summer if we would get better players.

The only thing I'm hoping is that we got him for a complete pittance and that he's on a pittance. If we go up we can always flog him to a Championship club.

How is James Vaughan anymore experienced than Leon Best. He's played a number of games for Everton, but is still essentially a young unproven player with potential.

Best is far more experienced than Vaughan, albeit not in the premiership, he hopefully isnt made of glass like Vaughan either.

Best might go tits up, but it might well turn out to be another piece of shrewd business from Hughton (or whom ever is setting these transfers up). Both Williamson and Routledge were suprise choices.

Whilst its hardly the inspiring transfer we were looking for we cant do much wrong with it, great age, potential, power and pace with an eye for goal, failing all a good sell on if we need at the end of the season.

Best is far more experienced than Vaughan, albeit not in the premiership, he hopefully isnt made of glass like Vaughan either.

Best might go tits up, but it might well turn out to be another piece of shrewd business from Hughton (or whom ever is setting these transfers up). Both Williamson and Routledge were suprise choices.

Whilst its hardly the inspiring transfer we were looking for we cant do much wrong with it, great age, potential, power and pace with an eye for goal, failing all a good sell on if we need at the end of the season.

Thought Vaughan was older, messed that up.

Of course, I obviously hope that Best will turn out to be a good signing as well, I'm just not so convinced about that. Only time will tell I guess.

Stupid giving him a 3.5 year contract. My mate who's a Cov fan says "very hit and miss but when he's good he is certainly one of the best at champ level. Miss from 2 yards out but then pull a ball out the sky and rifle one home from 30 yards"

Stupid giving him a 3.5 year contract. My mate who's a Cov fan says "very hit and miss but when he's good he is certainly one of the best at champ level. Miss from 2 yards out but then pull a ball out the sky and rifle one home from 30 yards"

Our new Martins probably?

Guest johnson293

Last season for Coventry, 31 league appearances, 2 goals. That's terrible. :undecided:

Surely his record this season is a bit more relevant?

25 league appearances, 9 goals (+ 1 goal in FA Cup)

Our new Luque more likely..

Our new Luque more likely..

Why? Do you think he will almost never play and almost never score?

Surely his record this season is a bit more relevant?

25 league appearances, 9 goals (+ 1 goal in FA Cup)

I was using Football Manager so didn't have his record for this season. :razz:

time will tell whether he's a successful signing or not, but if he keeps Carroll out of the side then I am already feeling positive about it. However i'm in doubt as to whether he's better than Lovenkrands and Ameobi.

gonna need a lot better if we do go up though, so i'm not sure about the length of the contract.