This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Not really his fault that Carroll has started hitting the net virtually every game since he signed is it? While the front two are scoring he's not going to get much of a look in so might as well count our blessings that he's on the outside looking in.

Started the first 5 matches or so, didn't he? If he'd have taken his chance he'd still be in the first XI. Fact is, he is poo-poo.

He didn't look great alongside Carroll that's for sure.

Was always a stupid signing.

Bringing someone else in on loan and then signing someone who might have actually been an upgrade in the summer was what should have happened, I reckon they just wanted to save face after missing out on Moses and signed this gimp.

Ah well.

Guest michaelfoster

He was fine tonight ffs, he was by no means good but he won most his flick ons which went to Lovenkrands, he got into decent positions but after we went 3-0 up the midfield seemed to sit back (Guthrie & Nolan mostly) plus Jonas looked shattered so Routledge was the only one attacking, he was closing down the keeper on kicks and running onto through balls which were going nowhere, what else could he do?

Ranger came on and err should of shot when the ball fell to him with the keeper recovering from the first save, instead he tried to be clever and take it down, pull it inside & shoot and he got tackled, plus he was easily shrugged off the ball by the defender when he had the ball and didnt really make much of an attacking threat.

He was fine tonight ffs, he was by no means good but he won most his flick ons which went to Lovenkrands, he got into decent positions but after we went 3-0 up the midfield seemed to sit back (Guthrie & Nolan mostly) plus Jonas looked shattered so Routledge was the only one attacking, he was closing down the keeper on kicks and running onto through balls which were going nowhere, what else could he do?

Ranger came on and err should of shot when the ball fell to him with the keeper recovering from the first save, instead he tried to be clever and take it down, pull it inside & shoot and he got tackled, plus he was easily shrugged off the ball by the defender when he had the ball and didnt really make much of an attacking threat.

So Best is good because Ranger wasn't? How does that work then? :lol:

i thought he done ok tonight when he came on,  didn't have any chances to score but apart from one badly over hit pass that went for a throw thought his general "all round" game was good.  The quicker the lad gets a goal tho the better just to relieve the pressure.

Guest michaelfoster

I didnt say either were good, i dont think either had a shot on goal. I said to my cousin that we wouldnt score again as between Ranger & Best they have 2 goals for us.

Best is probably trying to settle into a new team, with different style of play, different training methods to what he was used too at Coventry, i dont know but to write him off when he's been here less than 2 months is silly (and yes ive seen him play since we signed him) He is more of an proven attacking threat than Ranger is at the min, obv Ranger has alot mroe potential

I think people dislike Best because it means their golden boy Ranger doesnt get as many games when really Ranger should be going out on loan as he needs a full season on loan somewhere to develop as he is not quite ready for regular first team football.

I think people dislike Best because it means their golden boy Ranger doesnt get as many games when really Ranger should be going out on loan as he needs a full season on loan somewhere to develop as he is not quite ready for regular first team football.

I hate both...well, i think both are massively over-rated, and i prefer Ranger i guess as ive seen more from him....

I didnt say either were good, i dont think either had a shot on goal. I said to my cousin that we wouldnt score again as between Ranger & Best they have 2 goals for us.

Best is probably trying to settle into a new team, with different style of play, different training methods to what he was used too at Coventry, i dont know but to write him off when he's been here less than 2 months is silly (and yes ive seen him play since we signed him) He is more of an proven attacking threat than Ranger is at the min, obv Ranger has alot mroe potential

I think people "dislike" him because he's absolutely atrocious.

Same ol, same ol ...

Not so long ago Carroll was getting ripped to shreds by the majority on here. No surprise that he has grown in confidence with each goal and started actually playing better in general. Now he's everyone's hero. I even recall a few having a go at Ranger earlier in the season, when despite playing well he never looked like scoring, but as soon as he did get one he too started to look more threatening. Enrique and Colo are now widely considered as two of our best players but Enrique's first few month people were writing him off and well what bad thing wasn't said about Colo in his first season?

Hey, but life is never satisfying if there isn't something to moan or cry about is it? Pathetic.

The worry with Best is he doesn't even look like scoring. I can handle strikers who have a barren run but are getting in the right positions and creating things.

Said it at the time and maintain it now - a complete bag of muck.

The worry with Best is he doesn't even look like scoring. I can handle strikers who have a barren run but are getting in the right positions and creating things.

Said it at the time and maintain it now - a complete bag of muck.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Look back at the Carroll and Ranger threads and the same cliche was being bandied about them also.

The worst thing about him for me is that he is keeping Ranger off the pitch more. If Hughton signed him then I hope he swallows his pride and lists him in the summer. He's an international for some reason so we could probably get the money back for him.