This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Played well tonight.

Showed some good movement and looked dangerous, it's only pre-season but he looks a lot better than he did. Also looks to have trimmed down which will help.

We're going to need an awful lot more from him than "looking dangerous"

You grumpy fucker :lol:

Worth remembering he's still just 23 too! Turns 24 in September. Sounds like he's already shown some improvement since last year. We should stick with him for this season at least for sure.

I think we'll probably see him starting. In the Championship you'd want Lovenkrands ahead of him. But we need players who'll unsettle, scrap and throw their weight around. Especially if the tactics will primarily be to get the ball out wide and whip it into the box.

I think we'll probably see him starting. In the Championship you'd want Lovenkrands ahead of him. But we need players who'll unsettle, scrap and throw their weight around. Especially if the tactics will primarily be to get the ball out wide and whip it into the box.

If we play a lone striker with Nolan behind, Best might be the most suitable. However promosing Carroll looks, if he's on his own up front then the opposition will push right up to the halfway line and pen us in. He's not going to be making runs in behind and pushing them back. Best is mobile while farily strong too. And he hasnt had much chance to settle so I dont think people should write him off already.

• 3 months later...

Has this been posted already?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9206710.stm

Newcastle United striker Leon Best says he would turn down any offer of a loan move from St James' Park.

The 24-year-old returned to action after a three months out with a cruciate ligament injury in a reserve team game on Tuesday.

"I definitely want to stay here," he told the Northern Echo.

"I want to stay at Newcastle because I love it here and I want to help them do well. I'm really not interested in going out on loan."

"I've got to wait for my chance and, when it comes, make the most of it," added Best.

:undecided:

Don't see what the  :undecided: is for anyway, might as well give him a shot in the PL. We've got players performing for us currently that we didn't think much of in the Championship. And he was reasonable in pre-season. Shola Loven aren't really working out so why not give some others a shot?