Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think Lovelycakes is suited to this yet. At 1-0 down Derby will go backs to the wall, and it will suit Shola more than him. Shola for Carroll or Best really.

We'll still win

We won't.

They're feeling sorry for themselves already

Combined with the usual referee we get away from home in this f*****g league....

We have been playing sh*t away, lets face it.

Even the Ipswich match, we got plenty breaks, and they were appalling at the time.

If we're creating chances then it doesn't need to be changed just yet. Give it til 60 and if we need a goal then swap the strikers. If Ameobi and Lovenkrands are going to do anything they need half an hour - not a pissy 10 minute thing.

In these sort of games if you are going to play an attacking formation away from home, it's a given that the opposition will have chances too. It just depends on which side takes theirs and unfortunately, so far it's Derby. If we were Chelsea and had the sort of finishers they possess we could take it for granted that we can roll over teams like Derby, but Carroll and Best are not Anelka and Drogba.

In these sort of games if you are going to play an attacking formation away from home, it's a given that the opposition will have chances too. It just depends on which side takes theirs and unfortunately, so far it's Derby. If we were Chelsea and had the sort of finishers they possess we could take it for granted that we can roll over teams like Derby, but Carroll and Best are not Anelka and Drogba.

we aren't even playing an attacking formation. basic 4-4-2.

I dont think Lovelycakes is suited to this yet. At 1-0 down Derby will go backs to the wall, and it will suit Shola more than him. Shola for Carroll or Best really.

might have a point there as lovenkrands is better with space to run into. however i think he is our best finisher and with 45 minutes left derby won't completely be backs to the wall yet, though they will be later on if it stays the same, so i'd rather he came on now.

Guest geordienorway

We'll still win

We won't.

They're feeling sorry for themselves already

Combined with the usual referee we get away from home in this f*****g league....

We have been playing sh*t away, lets face it.

Even the Ipswich match, we got plenty breaks, and they were appalling at the time.

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2000-06-15.gif