Best

Krul

Hall

RTaylor

Barton (hoping)

Loven

Carroll

Nolan

Honestly guys....do you really think that Nolan will be dropped(given a rest)? He's the first name in the team sheet no matter how does he play!

More to the point, if he doesn't need a rest every so often, why does anyone else? It pulls the rug from the whole principle if it's applied selectively.

Ranger and Best?

Yes, for the next game based on Best playing against his former club and Ranger because i think he chases things more and needs some game time.  Normally stick with Caroll, but a game out wont hurt.

Carroll's form is incredibly bittersweet at the moment. I was only listening to the radio yesterday, but what Moncur/Lockwood were saying pretty much ties in to near every game i've seen Carroll play this season. Turgid shite and a visible lack of interest for the majority of the game, but put the ball on his head and more often than not, it's in the net. He's in goalscoring form at the moment and is just about worth the shirt right now, cos tbh, i'm confident if he's got the ball infront of goal right now. And that's the first time we've been able to say that of him all season.

Any win will do, tbh. Lovenkrands should replace Jonas on the left if he's not fit, stick Best up front. Guthrie and Smith in the middle will do the job for us.

I think we'll get a 2-0 win. Probably unconvincing but a wins a win.

Any win will do, tbh. Lovenkrands should replace Jonas on the left if he's not fit, stick Best up front. Guthrie and Smith in the middle will do the job for us.

I think we'll get a 2-0 win. Probably unconvincing but a wins a win.

Please not. Lovenkrands is shit on the wing.

Guest Heneage

Wouldn't be surprised to see Best brought back to start with Lovenkrands back on the bench.

This.

Really it's become apparent that away from home Lovenkrands is an impact sub, but at home he's one you'd look to start.

Carroll's form is incredibly bittersweet at the moment. I was only listening to the radio yesterday, but what Moncur/Lockwood were saying pretty much ties in to near every game i've seen Carroll play this season. Turgid s**** and a visible lack of interest for the majority of the game, but put the ball on his head and more often than not, it's in the net. He's in goalscoring form at the moment and is just about worth the shirt right now, cos tbh, i'm confident if he's got the ball infront of goal right now. And that's the first time we've been able to say that of him all season.

Problem is, when we play 4-5-1 long ball away from Home, the whole team is very deep so he's playing very deep as well and we all know he can't get any direction on his flick ons, so he's generally useless in that formation. However, if we attack and play up the field with decent service into the box then he'll score a bagful. Its pretty obvious to point out, but its almost like Hughton knows how to get him playing well but is too stubborn to change his away system.

Coventry are trollop, hopefully we'll attack them and get amongst them and win by two or three.

Their "good form" equates to two wins and three draws in their last 5 games. Beating Forest 1-0 is hardly major news recently either as they are a team on the down.

Coventry are trollop, hopefully we'll attack them and get amongst them and win by two or three.

Their "good form" equates to two wins and three draws in their last 5 games. Beating Forest 1-0 is hardly major news recently either as they are a team on the down.

as opposed to 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in last 6

as opposed to 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in last 6

Aye, but theirs is 2/3/1 looked at like that, hardly any difference. I don't see anybody arguing that we're in "good form".

However, we're top of the league and at home. Just amused at people using their "good form" as reason we might struggle against them - it's not a fucking excuse when they're a worse team with 1 point more than us from the last 6 games. This is before we even take into account who the games have been against...

Hope I'm wrong but........  0-1, them to score early doors, us not to have any reply.  Crowd to get on teams back or even worse silence.

Personally I just want a good performance, want to see some hunger.

Nolan doesn't suffer with hunger, but he can put on a spirited eating performance.

With Williamson and Hall fit I would like to see Coloccini start in central midfield. He will offer more than Nolan, Smith or Butt. I know he struggled there for us last season against Manchester City but I think he would be fine at this level.

With Williamson and Hall fit I would like to see Coloccini start in central midfield. He will offer more than Nolan, Smith or Butt. I know he struggled there for us last season against Manchester City but I think he would be fine at this level.

Nah not for me like. Square pegs in round holes. It would be weakining our defence as well as he is just about the best defender in the league (even though Williamson has been impressive and Hall has been solid). He wouldn't offer anymore than our other central midfielders either when it comes to legs cos he's not fast either. It would just be taking something away from defence and not adding anything significant to our midfield. If Jonas is back and we moved Guthrie into the middle in place of Nolan then we would be a lot more effective.