Ashley sets up new long term transfer strategy - Sunday Sun

Guest michaelfoster

If he disliked us that much, why didnt he ask for the contract to be annulled and F*** off!

Millions of reasons, and each one with the queens face on it.

Absolutely.... and here he is bleating that he wont make the World Cup..... too right ... he's been s**t for years and lived off former glories. God only knows what he cost us but it was  over 30 million pounds (fee plus salary).

Crazy when you think we buy 1 million valuation players now haggle over the fee!

If the fee was say £4m and his wages were £20k a week, I'd take Keane on a 3 year deal.  He's the kind of player that would still be effective when his legs are gone, can read the game well and is pretty skillfulCaptain material too.  Wouldn't care too much if we missed out on him for that money either though.

anyone else think this sounded a lot like a Michael Owen transfer?

I'll level with you I'm a huge fan of Robbie Keane and have been suggesting to mates and alike before we signed Owen that we tried to sign him when spurs had 47 striking options, could have probably got him for about £7-£8m at the time and got away with paying him about £40k a week.  My biggest worry is we end up with Michael Owen again in the summer, and as ridiculous as that might sound, I wouldn't write it off straight away.

Ronaldo..............try reading the thread next time, along with your mate, Johnny Hall, before either up your make numpties of yourselves with more ridiculous remarks.

Guest bobthemag

If the fee was say £4m and his wages were £20k a week, I'd take Keane on a 3 year deal.  He's the kind of player that would still be effective when his legs are gone, can read the game well and is pretty skillfulCaptain material too.  Wouldn't care too much if we missed out on him for that money either though.

I'll level with you I'm a huge fan of Robbie Keane and have been suggesting to mates and alike before we signed Owen that we tried to sign him when spurs had 47 striking options, could have probably got him for about £7-£8m at the time and got away with paying him about £40k a week.  My biggest worry is we end up with Michael Owen again in the summer, and as ridiculous as that might sound, I wouldn't write it off straight away.

Ronaldo..............try reading the thread next time, along with your mate, Johnny Hall, before either up your make numpties of yourselves with more ridiculous remarks.

we have had too many cheque book happy managers in the past who won nothing, we have got rid of the high earners

we have had too many cheque book happy managers in the past who won nothing, we have got rid of the high earners

Is that why Colo is on 80k a week? Smith on 60k? Nolan on around the 40k mark? Even Xisco is on 45k a week.

Is that why Colo is on 80k a week? Smith on 60k? Nolan on around the 40k mark? Even Xisco is on 45k a week.

I thought the only actual proof of any wages was Guthrie who wasn't even pulling in 10k?

I thought the only actual proof of any wages was Guthrie who wasn't even pulling in 10k?

There's plenty of proof of wages. Players go to Fenwicks ffs.

There's plenty of proof of wages. Players go to Fenwicks ffs.

:tard:

Guest jonlane86

Those who think Owen might come back need to pull their heads in......................................IMMEDIATELY

Who has said that?

I did.  Doesn't mean I want it to happen, but he would come back if the offer was there, and its not like he needs the money so if the wages were right and the fee isn't daft i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.  As I said though, doesn't mean I want to see it happen.

Those who think Owen might come back need to pull their heads in......................................IMMEDIATELY

Who has said that?

I did.  Doesn't mean I want it to happen, but he would come back if the offer was there, and its not like he needs the money so if the wages were right and the fee isn't daft i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.  As I said though, doesn't mean I want to see it happen.

I would. Very surprised.

Who has said that?

I would. Very surprised.

me too never going to happen, thank god

Guest jonlane86

Who has said that?

I would. Very surprised.

On this note.....

He wont want to stay at Man United because he's not getting any games, plus Ferguson wont want to keep him.

Who else would be interested in him in the PL?  Is he really going to want to play for any of those?

The point I'm making is he's played for us before so knows the club well, his time had only been tarnished by injuries up until January 2009 when he completely lost interest in trying to keep us up.  If he's going to get a regular top flight game I believe he'd sign a contract for less money and the fee wouldn't be much to get him in.

I WANT TO STRESS HEAVILY THAT I DON'T WANT HIM BACK AS I THINK ITS A STEP BACKWARDS, BUT I DON'T THINK ITS BEYOND THE REALMS OF POSSIBILITY.

There isn't that much money in the MLS as you may think. Outside LA and NYC there aren't teams that would be able/willing to meet his usual wages. What kind of contract does he have at ManU? Is it pay-as-you-play or a regular one? He might be better off seeing that one out, he may even win some silverware too (I think he already has the 10 games this season for a medal too).

I don't think Owen fondly remembers his years at NUFC either. Really, you'll sooner see Given signing back than Owen. It will never happen.

I think he remembers his pay days fondly while at NUFC.

Guest johnson293

On this note.....

He wont want to stay at Man United because he's not getting any games, plus Ferguson wont want to keep him.

Who else would be interested in him in the PL?  Is he really going to want to play for any of those?

The point I'm making is he's played for us before so knows the club well, his time had only been tarnished by injuries up until January 2009 when he completely lost interest in trying to keep us up.  If he's going to get a regular top flight game I believe he'd sign a contract for less money and the fee wouldn't be much to get him in.

I posted this on the Owen/World Cup thread, but its relevant to this posting also...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/7345998/Manchester-Uniteds-Carling-Cup-winner-Michael-Owen-happy-with-bit-part-role.html

Michael Owen has dismissed the prospect of leaving Manchester United this summer by insisting he is happy to accept a reduced role at Old Trafford in exchange for silverware and life among football's elite.

“I’ve played for teams that haven’t been doing well in the league and I’d much prefer to be playing a lesser role, but training every day with real top-quality players as I am at United."

Seems he'd much prefer to train with 'real top-quality players' than start first team matches regularly.

I don't think Owen fondly remembers his years at NUFC either. Really, you'll sooner see Given signing back than Owen. It will never happen.

I think he remembers his pay days fondly while at NUFC.

Says it all about him, really. There was never any great pride shown when he was made captain, either.

Guest bobthemag

Who has said that?

I would. Very surprised.

On this note.....

I WANT TO STRESS HEAVILY THAT I DON'T WANT HIM BACK AS I THINK ITS A STEP BACKWARDS, BUT I DON'T THINK ITS BEYOND THE REALMS OF POSSIBILITY.

[/quote

we can't pay his wages anymore, and have to keep finances in order too

Guest bobthemag

Who has said that?

I would. Very surprised.

On this note.....

we can't pay his wages anymore, and have to keep finances in order too

we can'tpay his wages anymore and have to keep finanes in order too